[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - myInfotoGo - synch is downright terrible

myInfotoGo - synch is downright terrible

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

myInfotoGo - synch is downright terrible

Postby staceyr » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:39 am

At first glance the mitg seemed awesome - I was able to easily check my email from another pc while defragging my own, and the initial import (without attachments...) was easy and relatively fast.

Using it from my usb flash drive has been fine too - a little slower perhaps, but the search is faster than my Barca - so all seemed good.

But when it came time to synch - you see how woefully inadequate this portable program is. The whole point of a usb program is the portability and ability to SYNCH so you have your data in more than 1 spot. There are almost no choices as to what you synch - other than to select whole folders.

First of all, the only messages that actually synched to my desktop install of Barca - was the inbox. I had messages in perhaps 10 other folders and subfolders that failed to synch.

What DID happen instead, was whereas on the initial import of my Barca data to my usb install of myInfotoGo - I chose not to import any of the attachments - now when I synched, the folder bloated up to like 100 MB each - (while they are like 5MB in the Barca install) - and it appears as if some of the folders if not all - now have the attachments embedded in the messages - or something like that, I can't think of why else they would be so huge.

When I tried resynching again and chose a specific folder from my Barca install other than the In.mbx - it deleted all of the message content from the MITG folder, leaving just the message headers for that folder.

Why can't the sych offer the simple feature to just UPDATE your other install with new messages from each folder?

As is this synch is just totally unusable, and renders the MITG pretty useless unless you just want to risk running your email app from a USB stick that could get lost or fried at any time.

Manually synching would be a huge pain in the butt - and as for now, I'm dealing with trying to manually copy the messages for the past few days - as copying the whole message folders is not a good idea as they are totally bloated and 10 times the size of the ones on my Barca install.

MITG is a promising app - but you really shouldn't even have released it with this terrible synching problem. I hope you can provide a fix soon, as I will certainly buy it if you do.
staceyr
New Arrival

Postby jayno » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:41 am

Any news on this issue Eric?

As you know, I've had MITG for quite a while. After earlier conversations with you I managed to do a perfect, first import of all my folders/emails etc. to MITG on U3, but then I didn't use MITG for a long time. Now I have come to use it again and tried (for the first time) to synch things up to date, I find that it doesn't work.

Is anyone working on an update to fix the synching, or an actual upgrade version of MITG, which seems well overdue.

Jayno
Jayno
Firefox 12.0 | Barca 2.8 | MITG 2.1
Sandboxie, ESET Smartsecurity, SUPERantispyware, Malware bytes, Spybot S&D, HijackThis, Adaware, RegScrub XP, CrapCleaner
jayno
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:38 pm

Hi staceyr & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
staceyr wrote:Why can't the sych offer the simple feature to just UPDATE your other install with new messages from each folder?
Don't know, but since it's the first release, I'm sure it will get better with every new version. :)
jayno wrote:Any news on this issue Eric?
No news on that Jayno. :?

Maybe a beta will start soon or perhaps they're working on the new Poco/Barca version 5 and at the same time implementing those improvements into MITG :?:
Just guessing, so I may be completely wrong here.
Is anyone working on an update to fix the synching, or an actual upgrade version of MITG, which seems well overdue.
Only PSI knows, Jayno.

Sorry, I don't have any information on the further development of MITG. :wink:
Eric

Postby jayno » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:47 pm

Thanks for your reply Eric

Let's hope the team at Poco take note of our conversation about MITG and post some kind of holding statement for us. Communication is everything :!:

Stay good
Jayno
Firefox 12.0 | Barca 2.8 | MITG 2.1
Sandboxie, ESET Smartsecurity, SUPERantispyware, Malware bytes, Spybot S&D, HijackThis, Adaware, RegScrub XP, CrapCleaner
jayno
Frequent Visitor

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To