[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - PocoMail PE asks for media in CD drive every time I start it

PocoMail PE asks for media in CD drive every time I start it

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

PocoMail PE asks for media in CD drive every time I start it

Postby Robin Hood » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:42 am

Hi,

Recently, I started having a strange problem with PocoMail PE (3.4). I do not know what caused it.

Every time I start PocoMail PE a message pops up telling me that I am supposed to put a media into my CD/DVD drive because there is no media in it.

I cannot give the message literally here because it is in German but the translation reads like this:
"There is no media in the drive. Put a media into drive Z:."

Drive Z: is my CD/DVD drive. I then get three buttons that I can click:
Cancel / Repeat (Try again) / Continue

Clicking "Repeat" always makes the message pop up again and again, it won't go away. Clicking either "Cancel" or "Continue" opens PocoMail PE and it then seems to work normally. However, this message is annoying and I would like to get rid of it.

Can someone tell me how I can fix this problem?
Robin Hood
Drop-in Visitor

Re: PocoMail PE asks for media in CD drive every time I star

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:57 am

Hi Robin Hood & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
Robin Hood wrote:Can someone tell me how I can fix this problem?
Could it be the same problem as discussed in No disk in drive :?:
Eric

Postby Robin Hood » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:13 am

Hi Eric,

Yes, this looks exactly like the same problem. However, as for mitchac in the other thread there is nothing wrong with the paths for the directories. They are correct and the same as they have been before. No change there. Now, I even get this error message for two drives because I have a CD drive and CD/DVD drive in my computer (it now asks me to put a media into drive W: and Z: ). It is really weird. I don't know what caused this and why it suddenly started.

I checked the POCO.INI file but couldn't find any reference to W: or Z: there, so I don't think the problem is in there.
Robin Hood
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:09 am

Robin Hood wrote:I checked the POCO.INI file but couldn't find any reference to W: or Z: there, so I don't think the problem is in there.
Never encountered it, so I'm wondering if you're still having the same problem when using another USB key, if you've have one. :?

:!: To make sure it's not related to your poco.ini, you could reset it temporarily.

1. Close Poco first.
2. Rename poco.ini to poco_old.ini
3. Restart Poco now
Prior to renaming that file, it would be best to take screenshots of your Options or noting them down.

If that doesn't do it, you can just rename poco_old.ini back to poco.ini again.

Maybe someone else has another suggestion, if the above changes nothing. :wink:
Eric

Postby Tomas » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:46 am

Apart from poco.ini, also check position.ini for paths, particularly the directories section.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Robin Hood » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:50 pm

Tomas, where is this position.ini file? It is not in my PocoMail PE directory or any of its subdirectories.

Eric, I tried your procedure (resetting the poco.ini) and it didn't help. The problem is still there.

By the way, my PocoMail PE is installed locally on my hard disk. So, the path doesn't change as could be the case when using a USB stick.
Robin Hood
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:36 am

I'm sorry for disinformation - position.ini is present in other Pocosystems software but not in PocomailPE.

I'm at loss what else could be causing the problem, besides bad path in poco.ini.

1) Try to check whether you don't have more poco.ini files on your system, some chances are that you might have reset different poco.ini that the one that gets loaded by the application.

2) Check the properties of a shortcut that you are using to launch Pocomail PE, whether it doesn't contain some bad path. It's very improbable though.

3) Close PocomailPE, move all the .ini files from the PocomailPE directory (ie. where poco.exe resides), also directories Scripts Skins and Templates, to a safe location. Start PocomailPE.
If that didn't help, close the program, and move the files back from the safe location to where they were before move.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Robin Hood » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:09 am

1) I checked whether there is more than one poco.ini file on my system. There is only one.

2) The shortcut path is OK.

3) Moving all ini files, etc. out to some other place on my system didn't help either.

I now copied my PocoMail PE onto a USB stick and started it on a different computer. It worked without giving me that message. Using it again on the system where the problem occurred the message pops up again. So, it must have something to do with the Windows installation and only indirectly with PocoMail PE.
Robin Hood
Drop-in Visitor

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To