[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Poco/Barca discount?

Poco/Barca discount?

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Poco/Barca discount?

Postby drjamie03 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:24 am

I'm sure I saw that Poco users can upgrade to Barca for a discount but can't find the link or the page. Help anyone?
Jamie P
drjamie03
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:47 am

Hi Jamie,
You mean this Barca Cross-grade Offer. :wink:

FYI: Moved to General
Eric

Postby psklenar » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:07 am

I was trying to figure out where to ask and this is as good as any I've found on here so far ... is Barca basically PocoMail plus a PIM rolled into one? In other words, is there a reason to use both PocoMail and Barca; the "cross-grade" option leads me to suspect not?

Also, I've just started playing around with PocoMail PE. Was really impressed at how easy it was to copy my regular PocoMail config & saved mailboxes into PE. Well, when I bought PocoMail I couldn't see any reason I'd need PE as well and therefore I didn't bother with the package deal. However, changes here at work have lead to a situation where I think I'm going to need PE. Therefore, my question is - can PE import the email config and saved emails from a Barca set up as easily as it can from a true PocoMail set up?

Thanks,
pat----
psklenar
Drop-in Visitor

Postby robin » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:15 am

Hi Pat, and welcome to the forums
psklenar wrote:I was trying to figure out where to ask and this is as good as any I've found on here so far ... is Barca basically PocoMail plus a PIM rolled into one?
Yes
In other words, is there a reason to use both PocoMail and Barca; the "cross-grade" option leads me to suspect not?
No
Also, I've just started playing around with PocoMail PE. Was really impressed at how easy it was to copy my regular PocoMail config & saved mailboxes into PE. Well, when I bought PocoMail I couldn't see any reason I'd need PE as well and therefore I didn't bother with the package deal. However, changes here at work have lead to a situation where I think I'm going to need PE. Therefore, my question is - can PE import the email config and saved emails from a Barca set up as easily as it can from a true PocoMail set up?
Don't know for certain since I am not a PocoPE user, however the basic account and message file formats that Barca uses are the same as PocoMail so it should do. Of course it won't understand all the PIM stuff so should leave that alone.
robin

Postby psklenar » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:43 pm

Robin,

Thank you for the reply! I'm not totally new to the forums ... just to this incarnation of them. :) had posted a dozen or so times to the old ones.

Good to hear that it's a matter of Barca *or* Pocomail and not needing both.

Thank you,
pat----
psklenar
Drop-in Visitor

Postby robin » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:54 am

psklenar wrote:Thank you for the reply! I'm not totally new to the forums ... just to this incarnation of them. :) had posted a dozen or so times to the old ones.
In that case - "welcome back" :D
robin

Postby mkolber » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:33 am

I came to the forum today looking for a way to synchronize my Palm Pilot with Pocomail. I was going to make the subject "Please save me from having to move to Outlook!"

If this thing works, I expect I will cross-grade my Poco to Barca! I'm downloading the trial right now. I know you usually only permit beta testing by current users, but if you need som extra bodies...
mkolber
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:36 am

mkolber wrote:I know you usually only permit beta testing by current users, but if you need som extra bodies...
Read this announcement. :wink:
Eric

Return to General Discussion