[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - File conversion, archive with ABC Amber Pocomail Converter

File conversion, archive with ABC Amber Pocomail Converter

General email topics, from anti-virus and anti-spam software to webmail and ISPs

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

File conversion, archive with ABC Amber Pocomail Converter

Postby jcmoor1 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:03 am

I have been using this program to archive my emails and attachments, since Pocomail does not have this functionality. (This is something that should be added, by the way, in future versions). This program allows keeping the inbox smaller, by migrating emails that I want to keep via converting to text files, and allows me to store them in a backed-up directory as individual files that I can search if needed. Very handy, and has worked well for me until the latest version of Pocomail. Now the attachments will not save on conversion. I have tried to contact the seller of this program (processtext.com), but get no reply. They have a newer version of their program, but I cannot get them to respond as to whether this will fix the problem,or provide the newer version. They make a bunch of file conversion utilities, and they appear to be still selling them actively. So, my questions: 1. Does anybody have another way to archive emails individually in such a way that they can be searched? Is there another program? Is pocomail going to provide this functionality? 2. Does anybody know anything about how to get the newest version of this program or contact the seller?
jcmoor1
New Arrival

Re: File conversion, archive with ABC Amber Pocomail Convert

Postby Eric » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:15 am

Hi jcmoor1 & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
jcmoor1 wrote:I have been using this program to archive my emails and attachments, since Pocomail does not have this functionality. (This is something that should be added, by the way, in future versions).
FYI I've moved this topic here, since it has nothing to do with Poco.

For archiving purposes you may want to have a look at Mailbag Assistant. 8)
I have tried to contact the seller of this program (processtext.com), but get no reply.
Seems their support doesn't take much interest in their customers. :?
1. Does anybody have another way to archive emails individually in such a way that they can be searched? Is there another program?
Yes, see my above suggestion.
Is pocomail going to provide this functionality?
Can't respond to that, since I don't anything about future functionalities. Maybe or maybe not, who knows :?:
2. Does anybody know anything about how to get the newest version of this program or contact the seller?
Have you tried to contact them through their website support form?
I suppose you need to upgrade (pay) to get the new version and more likely those problems you're having now would be solved in that new build.

Never used it, so either upgrade or try out Mailbag Assistant.

Hope that helps you a bit. :wink:
Eric

Postby Tomas » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:59 pm

Maybe their emails are not reaching you, check your spam filtering rules and spam folders, or whether your email provider doesn't have too aggressive spam filtering enabled.

migrating emails that I want to keep via converting to text files

That can be done in Pocomail:
1) select messsages
2) choose from menu File > Save Message
3) choose format (.eml to store message with attachment, or .txt and .html for text format without attachment), directory to save to, and click Save.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to Email Hall