[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - 94 spam messages between midnight and 9:30 am

94 spam messages between midnight and 9:30 am

General email topics, from anti-virus and anti-spam software to webmail and ISPs

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

94 spam messages between midnight and 9:30 am

Postby John L » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:00 am

PocoMail's spam filter did catch 6 spam messages.

Any "plug and play" solutions? I don't want to have to get a PhD in spam filters.
John L
New Arrival

Postby Tomas » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:05 am

I use SpamBayes, very happy with it, but it is similar to Pocomail´s built in spam filter - it needs to be trained first.

Someone recommended Mailshell Anti-Spam Desktop from http://www.mailshell.com/, it´s $29

See email hall http://www.pocosystems.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=17 for some more
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby John L » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:01 am

I just installed mailshell. Let's see how that does.
John L
New Arrival

Postby John L » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:13 am

The mailshell looks good so far. Between midnight last night and 9:00 am this morning, it caught 87 spams, missed 7 and 1 false positive. Not bad to start. It learns so it should do better with time. Tomas, thanks for the tip!
John L
New Arrival

Postby Tomas » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:38 am

Thanks for the report, good to know that it works right of the box.
John L wrote: thanks for the tip!

You are welcome, credit is due to one of Pocomail users whose name unfortunatelly slipped out of my memory, who had similar need and compared several products and reported back with mailshell.
I didn't know about that before, and it's actually well hidden on their website, as it seems they are mostly targetting corporate customers.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to Email Hall