[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Will there be a PE 4?

Will there be a PE 4?

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Will there be a PE 4?

Postby Drugstore Cowboy » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:39 am

I was wondering if anyone has any idea if and when PocoMail PE 4 will be released? I just downloaded the eval version of PocoMail 4 and it has addressed all of the problems I've had with the previous editions. I'll jump on PE 4 the moment it is available... :D
Drugstore Cowboy
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Will there be a PE 4?

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:41 am

Drugstore Cowboy wrote:I was wondering if anyone has any idea if and when PocoMail PE 4 will be released?
Should follow pretty soon, as already posted by Slaven. :)
Eric

Postby Drugstore Cowboy » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:43 am

Thanks Eric, should have checked a little more closely... :oops:
Drugstore Cowboy
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:46 am

No problem, I'm awaiting it too. :lol:
Eric

Is there a mailing list tp be notified of PE 4?

Postby joheben » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:39 am

Subject says it all, I would like to get PE4 as soon as it is available. Perhaps this post has the same effect; if just some kind soul replies here when PE 4 is available, I will get notifed.

My reason for going to PE4:
I currently run ordinary PocoMail off a memory stick (yes it works), which I inadvertantly bought after trialling PE, and not being happy with the reply that I would have to buy a separate full-price PE to correct it. However, if there are now improvements that I really need (Unicode support), I will be happy to pay for PE.
joheben
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Is there a mailing list tp be notified of PE 4?

Postby Abacus » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:03 pm

joheben wrote:I currently run ordinary PocoMail off a memory stick (yes it works), which I inadvertantly bought after trialling PE, and not being happy with the reply that I would have to buy a separate full-price PE to correct it. However, if there are now improvements that I really need (Unicode support), I will be happy to pay for PE.

Interesting...Can somebody tell me how I would get PM to run off an external HDD as a portable application?

I would be really interested in doing this.

Robert

[Edit] I've just cut and pasted the PocoMail4 folder from C:\Program Files to my portable drive, and it seems to work fine.

Is it really that simple, or have I set myself up for some problems?
Abacus
New Arrival

Re: Is there a mailing list tp be notified of PE 4?

Postby Eric » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:31 pm

Hi Robert & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
Abacus wrote:[Edit] I've just cut and pasted the PocoMail4 folder from C:\Program Files to my portable drive, and it seems to work fine.

Is it really that simple, or have I set myself up for some problems?
It's as simple as that, since you can move Poco around anywhere you like, it will still work. :)

However one caveat while using it on your removable drive, since you won't be able to register it. It does have to be registered in the registry as far as I remember.

MITG won't work on a removable drive, as already posted before. :?

Hope that helps. ;)
Eric

Will there be a PE 4?

Postby mitchac » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:51 pm

I don't think the question has been answered as to whether there will be a PE 4 yet. Can anyone answer that? If there isn't, is the upgrade from PE 3.4.0.2130 to Poco 4.x a smooth one?
mitchac
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:54 pm

mitchac wrote:I don't think the question has been answered as to whether there will be a PE 4 yet. Can anyone answer that?
Don't know. MITG replaces PE 4, so perhaps it will disappear afterwards :?:
If there isn't, is the upgrade from PE 3.4.0.2130 to Poco 4.x a smooth one?
Should work without to much hassle.
Poco 4 uses another index (IDB), so you'll no longer need IDX. :)

Just in case, make a complete backup prior to transferring your data. :wink:
Eric

Postby mgredelji » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:58 am

Drugstore Cowboy wrote:I was wondering if anyone has any idea if and when PocoMail PE 4 will be released? I just downloaded the eval version of PocoMail 4 and it has addressed all of the problems I've had with the previous editions. I'll jump on PE 4 the moment it is available... :D

same question :D

i'm using PE for almost 4 years.... since I bought my first usb flash disk

worth every $ I paid :D

I tried MITG, but it doesnt do it for me :twisted:
I tried other programs like ReachMail, portable thunderbird.... but they are not PE.....

So, will there be an update, or is PocoMail PE finished?

Because I still have problems with viewing Croatian alphabet :( - this works, but i'm still waitting for better solution :wink:
mgredelji
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:41 pm

Hi mgredelji & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
mgredelji wrote:So, will there be an update, or is PocoMail PE finished?
Only speculation on my part, but I guess MITG will replace PE 4.

:!: Only PSI knows if PE 4 will be updated or MITG will acquire the same from the next major upgrade of PM 4 and Barca 2.

Sorry, can't answer your question, since I don't have any inside info regarding PSI's software and plans. :?
Eric

Postby compositor1 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:30 pm

It can work portably no doubt, although when making a new copy of the program and data folders once you move the former it will want to run the import wizard.

You can manually set the data folders but it won't have any account settings, so you'd need to run it (import wizard) manually later on.

It works fine except probably best to disable the "default mail & newsgroup" dialog.

Also, setting the path in PocoSystem.ini might be helpful as well in order so the program can find dictionaries, contacts etc
compositor1
Drop-in Visitor

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To