[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Anniversary/Holiday facility

Anniversary/Holiday facility

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Anniversary/Holiday facility

Postby azuzarte » Sun May 18, 2008 10:55 pm

Hi,
I have been using Barca for the past 3 years and enjoy its email and organizer facility. However I think I might need to stop using it as I feel the Calendar is very basic. I was used to Lotus Organizer and even now Google calendar works better.
Is it possible to have add-ons in the main Calendar that show:
Country Holidays eg UK, USA, France, Portugal, Spain and so on... (like Google Calendar)
Phases of the Moon
Anniversaries (like in Organizer). I know you can do it by creating a contact and inputing their birthday but what about their partners, children, etc... ?
Thanks
azuzarte
New Arrival

Re: Anniversary/Holiday facility

Postby Eric » Mon May 19, 2008 8:07 am

Hi azuzarte & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
azuzarte wrote:Is it possible to have add-ons in the main Calendar that show:
Country Holidays eg UK, USA, France, Portugal, Spain and so on... (like Google Calendar)
Phases of the Moon
Not at present, but maybe in the next major update.
Anniversaries (like in Organizer). I know you can do it by creating a contact and inputing their birthday but what about their partners, children, etc... ?
Same answer as above.

I like the idea, especially about anniversaries, since it would really help to not forget an important date from someone.
I don't need country holidays, but that personal preference.

It's not exactly what you wanted to hear, but it's all I can give right now. :?
Eric

Postby dribnus » Mon May 19, 2008 8:30 am

Not at present, but maybe in the next major update.

Hate to bring up old topics....but is this actually ever going to happen?
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Mon May 19, 2008 8:05 pm

dribnus wrote:Hate to bring up old topics....but is this actually ever going to happen?
As posted before, Slaven is already working on the next version. :)
When it will be released for beta-testing is unknown to me at this time.

It's definitely going to happen, see Any NEW development work on Barca & Pocomail? ;)
Eric

Postby Tomas » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:35 am

It's possible to import ics files containing holiday definitions into Barca. One huge source is:
http://icalshare.com/
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby chrisretusn » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:44 pm

I hope entering dates is a little easier, not to mention I hope it goes back as far as wanted for dates. For example I like to have in my calendar the Birthday of the United States Navy, Oct 13, 1775. It's not possible to enter a date less the 1980 using the keyboard, 1900 using the arrow keys. The farthest I can go back on date in contacts is 1903 to have it show as a Birthday, Anniversary in Barca.

It really would be nice to have an independent birthday, anniversary event module in Barca. I'm using a separate application for this purpose now that takes entries of Name, Event, Date.

It displays Days (until next event), Year, Event, Name, Date

3 | 5 | Anniversary | Quit Smoking | Fri, 2004-01-30
6 | 71 | Birthday | Jeanne | Mon, 1938-02-02

You can also adjust reminders to look # days back and # days ahead.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Return to Barca Help and How-To