[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - mime content

mime content

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

mime content

Postby paulheu » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:22 am

I am having issues with mime encoded messages with Barca. WHile they display fine in windows mail Barca seems to ignore all but the last part and display wrong. Does Barca support Mime encoded messages and if so how shoudl I set up for them to display as they should?

Oh and is Barca still under development? It seems to be somewhat quiet on the development front..
There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
paulheu
Frequent Visitor

Postby Tomas » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:49 am

Please try to send such message in an attachment to helpdesk for investigation.

Generally there shouldn't be any problems with MIME messages, and they shall display fine automatically no special setup needed.
But of course there always might be some bug, or misformatted message, or perhaps it might be caused by something else in that message.

Yes, Barca is in development.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby paulheu » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:47 am

If I save such a message from windows mail and load that into Barca it displays fine. If I save it from Barca it also displays badly in windows mail.

I will send a copy of each ( from the same message) to where??
There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
paulheu
Frequent Visitor

Postby Tomas » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:10 am

Here is the direct url to submit a ticket:
http://www.pocosystems.com/support/index.php?pg=request

Please make sure that the sample messages are in the raw format, eg. from Barca select the message and choose from menu File > Save Message, and save it as .eml file.

Thank you!
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby paulheu » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:05 am

Sent the report and hope it can be fixed and an update will come shortly. A serious part of my current email traffic is connected to this bug and it actually is a showstopper for me and barca if not fixed..

Here's hoping..
paulheu
Frequent Visitor

Postby paulheu » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:52 am

Well, a few weeks down the line no progress, no word, no update and still unusable.

Right now I have setup windows mail and use that without a problem. With the problem occurring on mail which is vital for me it kinda excludes barca for me right now..

A shame really!
paulheu
Frequent Visitor

Postby paulheu » Thu May 29, 2008 8:32 pm

Few more weeks without a word and no idea if and when this is gonna be fixed. Needles to say barca has taken a backseat and I am (again) looking for an alternative as I do not want to keep using windows mail for obvious reasons..

Weird thing is when I export a properly formatted and readable message from windows mail and import it into barca it displays fine, if I fetch the same mail with barca it's junk.

Not good and about to loose a user here.. :!:
paulheu
Frequent Visitor

Postby paulheu » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:26 am

Obviously by now the devteam does not care much about the single user having issues.. Barca has a bug, it's obvious to me and to anyone using the Assembla tracker system.

No responses here, no response to the supplied information on the support pages.

With other mail clients not having these issues I guess I am about to go through the hassle of converting my mail database to other software and leaving this uninterested bunch title behind..

Fun while it lasted, but I guess I'm on my way out.. :arrow: :!:
paulheu
Frequent Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To