[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Barca 2.5(3910) crashes in Windows XP SP3

Barca 2.5(3910) crashes in Windows XP SP3

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Barca 2.5(3910) crashes in Windows XP SP3

Postby ubik » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:30 pm

I recently reinnstalled/upgraded to Windows XP SP3 and Barca refuses to work. Splash screen appears and then crashes. It worked just fine with XP SP2. Is this some sort of incompatibility with SP3 that I'm unaware of or maybe some files are missing from my new system that make Barca work.

When I reinstall I usually just copy entire Barca folder to new system, activate it and it works, not this time though. I tried reinstalling in different dir, still the same problem. Any ideas? Thx.
ubik
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:52 am

There have been some cases about problems with Nvidia.
Could be that those drivers are causing problems. :?

Not using SP3 myself, so I hope someone who does, can help you further. :wink:
Eric

Re: Barca 2.5(3910) crashes in Windows XP SP3

Postby blakelyg » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:29 pm

ubik wrote:I recently reinnstalled/upgraded to Windows XP SP3 and Barca refuses to work. Splash screen appears and then crashes. It worked just fine with XP SP2. Is this some sort of incompatibility with SP3 that I'm unaware of or maybe some files are missing from my new system that make Barca work.

Any ideas? Thx.

Just a note/question here. Have you been doing the Windows updates all along? If so the issues are likely not related to SP3. I am running Barca/MITG/Pocmail (all of them) in different variations including XP Sp3 and Vista SP1 with no issues - like the ones you describe. As pointed out if running Nvidia card more likely related to that.

G
blakelyg
Resident Poster

Postby ubik » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:31 pm

I do have nVidia graphic card if that is what You meant Eric. With WHQL 175.16 set of drivers on Windows XP SP3 32 bit.

Barca worked perfectly with Updated SP2 to SP3, however as mentioned on fresh SP3 Barca refuses to work.

Just out of curiosity I downloaded lates version of Pocomail imported mail and Poco works where Barca crashes.

I forgot to mention that I tried Barca.ini deletion in despair and it did not help things either.
ubik
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:47 pm

ubik wrote:I do have nVidia graphic card if that is what You meant Eric. With WHQL 175.16 set of drivers on Windows XP SP3 32 bit.
That's what I meant.
It seems when installing SP3, your NVidia is reset, I think.
Have a look too at Not Responding about Nvidia and the fix. :)

If it still doesn't work, uninstall your Nvidia and on reboot reinstall it again with the latest drivers.
Barca worked perfectly with Updated SP2 to SP3, however as mentioned on fresh SP3 Barca refuses to work.

Just out of curiosity I downloaded lates version of Pocomail imported mail and Poco works where Barca crashes.
Don't know if it will work, but try to install Barca into another directory.
Poco or Barca, it's the same engine. :roll:

Next try it out first without importing anything.
If all works as it should, import data from previous install, but exclude Program preferences and settings.
I forgot to mention that I tried Barca.ini deletion in despair and it did not help things either.
First try out the above, else we'll look into other possibilities.

Let me know how it goes. ;)
Eric

Postby ubik » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:47 am

Thx Eric for the help, unfortunately none of these advices helped me. Barca still crashes even without nVidia, without imported emal and in different directory.

Hopefully the issue will be identified until my Pocomail trial expires :)

Thx again.
ubik
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:05 am

ubik wrote:Thx Eric for the help
My pleasure. ;)
unfortunately none of these advices helped me. Barca still crashes even without nVidia, without imported emal and in different directory.
:cry: That's too bad.
Have you tried upgrading your drivers or perhaps it's a hardware problem?
Just guessing here, although there must be something responsible for Barca's crashing, since blakelyg doesn't experience any of those troubles.
Hopefully the issue will be identified until my Pocomail trial expires :)
I do hope that some of those suggestions may help, or Poco Support, or even Microsoft with a patch for certain devices.

You do have 45 days, so you could use Poco, since it doesn't crash.
Someone may post the solution or any of the above, but unfortunately I don't see any other way right now. :?

I'll keep looking around to find a possible solution, but don't get your hopes too high on this.

An interesting read: Jesper's Blog

Sorry. :wink:
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To