[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - The importance of having Mapi

The importance of having Mapi

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

The importance of having Mapi

Postby jlaldridge54 » Tue May 30, 2006 2:43 am

I am at present testing the beta of Outlook 2007, and I must say that unless Barca can be fully integrated into all office suites (Microsoft and Sun), it has no commercial future. I cannot understand why Barca does not want to include Mapi. You cannot expect people to continually having to run two email programs. Your arguements against MAPI do not make sense, and in fact it is my belief that you are committing commercial suicide by not implementing MAPI. Another good program will bit the dust, and Bill Gates will be that little bit more happier.

~ Deleted duplicate topic ... Eric ~
jlaldridge54
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Fueler » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:50 pm

I have to agree. I just about fell over when I realized too late that it was deficient in this area.
Fueler
Frequent Visitor

Postby Fueler » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:48 am

High on my wish list is the poco can interact with other programs like Eudora does.

I was told that this is a MAPI thing. I am not so sure anymore.
I am still going back and forth between poco and eudora. While in eudora options I noticed that MAPI was turned off by default.

There is another option they called automation. This is what enabled eudora to interact, for instance, like automatically open when an email link is clicked on the web or another program.
Maybe it is a different form of MAPI but they figured out how to make it work without security issues. Since eudora is now open source it shouldn't be to hard for the programmers to figure out how this was done.

Anyway, I hope it's at the top of the list everywhere. :D
Fueler
Frequent Visitor

Postby Tomas » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:28 am

Fueler wrote:This is what enabled eudora to interact, for instance, like automatically open when an email link is clicked on the web or another program.

Pocomail will automatically open when a mailto: link is clicked on a web page, or in any other program including Pocomail.
It will work if Pocomail is set as a default email program on your system.
If any issues with that, please email support using menu Help > Email support.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Fueler » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:11 am

Thanks Tomas,
Email link is the only thing I can get to work. From any appropriate program, no.
I have emailed support.
Fueler
Frequent Visitor

Postby Tomas » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:50 am

Oh so, I misunderstood that the email links don't work for you, I'm sorry.

Emailing from other software requires MAPI, which is not implemented yet, but is quite high on the list.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to General Discussion