[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Any NEW development work on Barca & Pocomail?

Any NEW development work on Barca & Pocomail?

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Postby Tomas » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:23 am

LOL. You got me :lol: .

Right so, with "factual information" I meant "factual information about any release dates", not "factual information about ongoing development".
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby blakelyg » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:31 am

Tomas wrote:Right so, with "factual information" I meant "factual information about any release dates", not "factual information about ongoing development".

You are not in politics are you (cynicism showing)

Great skill to have (not politics but the ability to clarify issues without really doing so), hope I can master it some day!!!

Thanks Tomas.

Gord

:lol:
blakelyg
Resident Poster

Postby Kevin Tea » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:11 pm

I must confess that I started getting a bit twiotchy a few months ago because Poco seemed to have died. However, after looking at Thunderbird I decided that the existing Pocomail did pretty much everything that I wanted to in a way that I wanted so I would stick with it regardless. Why change for the sake of changing?
Regards
Kevin
800 feet up a Cumbrian fellside
Kevin Tea
Poco Tourist

Postby MonBidoux » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:47 am

Politicking is fun. They always find ways to keep us in suspense.

It would be nice if Barca or Poco could have an RSS reader that syncs with Google's or Bloglines or... you know, just like FeedDemon did with NewsGator.
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby lian » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:33 pm

I agree with the opinon Pocomail needs regular up to date. I come from Thunderbird and the lack of improvement of this one (with some nice features I saw in Pocomail) made my mind. But if an eventual TB 3 version with the features I love in Pocomail come out, I will probably go back to TB.
For the moment, I am happy with Poco but nothing is perfect in this world and I would be pleased to see new features I could not imagine myself :-)
lian
Poco Tourist

Postby MonBidoux » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:05 pm

Lian, welcome do PSF!

Indeed, no email client is perfect but things have been so quiet here with regards to any development for Poco or Barca that you wonder if the company is still alive.

At least with Thunderbird/Eudora and a few others there are signs that things are going on in the development area.
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby lian » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:05 am

Yes, it's very very quiet here :-) I think it's a good destination for hollydays...
my blog (illustration, comics, SF and my work in french) : http://www.li-an.fr/blog
lian
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:39 am

MonBidoux wrote:At least with Thunderbird/Eudora and a few others there are signs that things are going on in the development area.

I would interpellate for message assuring about continuing development coming from the developer to be considered as a sign that things are going on, too. :wink:
Eventhough it might be seen as politics, and understanding that it's not the (political) program but the results that get the vote. Thank you .
:wink:

Tomas
politician in training
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby MonBidoux » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:03 am

I like that "politician in training" bit.
Goes well with Bill Gates' retirement from Microsoft today.

:lol:

Anyway, let's just hope and pray that if there is some development really going on that it doesn't turn into a Vista edition. Reading between the lines must be part of a politicians formation.
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby StevieW » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:55 am

Hi, I'm afraid I have now done the switch to Thunderbird from Barca.

I have got fed up waiting for a new beta. With all Thunderbirds plugin's which make it hugely configurable, the next Barca beta will have to be very swish for me to change back.

It's a great shame as I really loved Barca, but with no sign of any improvements now since May 2007 the authors can't expect customers to hang around.

I will keep monitoring the situation though and will keep my fingers crossed for a stunning new beta!

Sorry....
StevieW
Poco Tourist

Postby MonBidoux » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:33 am

I'm not excluding any upgrade option yet but as the days go by, i too am getting more and more into Thunderbird and other OpenSource programs.

I had a paid account with Fastmail.fm but have dropped it as there have been practically no improvements/enhancements (as promised) over the last couple of years. GMail has become my primary account now.
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby StevieW » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:14 am

Hi MonBidoux

Guess this is not really part of this topic, but I use GMX mail - it's free and they seem to offer an enhancement every couple of weeks:

http://www.gmx.com

No problems with Barca/Pocomail/Thunderbird accessing it.

StevieW
StevieW
Poco Tourist

Postby Fueler » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:34 am

Even though this thread didn't address anything I cared about I read it and I have to say it's the funniest thing I have read in a long time.

Some of you folks demand updates. You don't say what you want in particular, you just demand an update. Doesn't matter what it is it would seem just as long AS you GET an UPDATE.

It must also be hell waiting for the next playstation or I-phone I suspect.
Fueler
Frequent Visitor

Postby MonBidoux » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:56 am

@StevieW,

Ya, i like GMX alot but GMail's conversation view is hard to beat!

@Fueler,

If you take a longer look at the threads here, you'll find out that more than one have been asking about different enhancements. So why bother to be redundant with a list that seems to go unnoticed by PSI? So why bother to redundant about any enhancements at all?

Well, if we wouldn't like Barca we would probably just leave it alone.

I remember the days before IE decided to make any moves to improve over 5. Prior to Mozilla's efforts with Firefox, people were at IE's mercy but when security issues became about, they were relieved to find a promissing alternative that took up the challenge. Firefox, the underdog is making waves. Unfortunately, too many people still only know how to turn on/off their computers.
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Fueler » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:28 am

What you say is correct of course but still stepping back and looking at the thread as a whole, it's funny.
Fueler
Frequent Visitor

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion