[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - T&C and Pocomail [Mod: Resolved Mailto]

T&C and Pocomail [Mod: Resolved Mailto]

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

T&C and Pocomail [Mod: Resolved Mailto]

Postby Penintel » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:27 pm

A very happy user of both until now. Well, I mean I just hapened to discover a slight problem: if I try to callPOCO to send a message from the "mailto" line in T&C's contact list, everything freezes and I have to reboot the machine (Windows XP Professional).
Is it, eventually, normal, or did I miss a command?
Might turn to Barca, then, but I have been using T&C for more than 10 years now...and leaving a loved one, well, you know!!
Thanks for any advice!
Pierre
Pierre
Penintel
Poco Tourist

Re: T&C and Pocomail

Postby Eric » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Penintel wrote:A very happy user of both until now. Well, I mean I just hapened to discover a slight problem: if I try to callPOCO to send a message from the "mailto" line in T&C's contact list, everything freezes and I have to reboot the machine (Windows XP Professional).
Is it, eventually, normal, or did I miss a command?
Did you define Poco as your default email client inside Tools > Options > General?
Not normal you've to reboot your machine.
Have a look at mailto protocol trouble again.
Might turn to Barca, then, but I have been using T&C for more than 10 years now...and leaving a loved one, well, you know!
Not easy to set something aside which you've been using for so long.
On the other hand you can always trial Barca to see if it fits your needs. No need to import your mail, since you can point to Poco's location from within Barca. :)

This way you'll have an idea of what you can do with it and what you can't. ;)
Eric

Mailto protocol trouble...

Postby Penintel » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:24 pm

Thank you, Eric, for your care and quick answer; the problem I am meeting with is exactly the one described, with either a general freezing or the opening of 20 + I.E. windows! A plague! since my default browser is Firefox 3, and not I.E.
I read about the solutions given, but it seems too sophisticated for my simple knowledge, and the screen captures are in Dutch (quite normal, of course!) and I cannot identify them.
One says to do something about .eml messages, but I could not find where to set anything about it!
I am at a loss to do something worth trying! I have this "mailto" problem with Time and Chaos, but, I discovered, also with another software (professional addresses).
When a friend of mine visits me I'll ask him to cast an eye!
Thanks very much again, and have a nice week-end!
Pierre
Pierre
Penintel
Poco Tourist

Re: Mailto protocol trouble...

Postby Eric » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:52 am

Penintel wrote:Thank you, Eric, for your care and quick answer; the problem I am meeting with is exactly the one described, with either a general freezing or the opening of 20 + I.E. windows! A plague! since my default browser is Firefox 3, and not I.E.
I read about the solutions given, but it seems too sophisticated for my simple knowledge, and the screen captures are in Dutch (quite normal, of course!) and I cannot identify them.
:!: You'll have to open your Explorer > Tools > Options > File Associations.
I'm not quite sure about that path, since I'm using Vista.
Once in File Associations look up the MAILTO-protocol and Edit it to assign Poco as your default email client.
One says to do something about .eml messages, but I could not find where to set anything about it!
Same as above, but this time you look for the EML and assign Poco again.
Should normally work, although those screenshots do give you an idea what to look for. :)
I am at a loss to do something worth trying! I have this "mailto" problem with Time and Chaos, but, I discovered, also with another software (professional addresses).
You can't do wrong by assigning Poco to that protocol and/or file type. Try it, so you'll learn how to do it next time.
It's not the same as changing something in the registry. Got me a BSOD once. :lol:

Like we say in Dutch: "Wie niet probeert, niet wint".
The one who doesn't try, doesn't win.
When a friend of mine visits me I'll ask him to cast an eye!
If still uncertain, let your friend look at it.
Thanks very much again, and have a nice week-end!
You're most welcome and do have a nice, fine weekend too Pierre. :wink:
Eric

Mail Protocol (bis)

Postby Penintel » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:24 am

Me again (a pain in the neck!)

Been trying to do exactly what you told me, but (there's always a "but"!) I could not find I.E>Tools>Options>File Associations!
As I am using Firefox, I found something called "Mailto" and I assigned "Pocomail" to it.
But nothing about ".eml" Nowhere I could find it!
I had reinstalled Pocomail 4 clean. I checked on my laptop: No problem at all: "Pocomail" opens at "mailto"!! I am getting fanatic, rabid! In I.E. "Pocomail" is well designed as "Default", and so is it in "Pocomail" itself...
But, please, do not get annoyed about that, and drop the matter before knocking your head against the walls! After all, even with these stupid issues, I will survive and keep my POCOMAIL!
Amitiés.
Pierre
Pierre
Penintel
Poco Tourist

Re: Mail Protocol (bis)

Postby Eric » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:42 am

Penintel wrote:Me again (a pain in the neck!)
No problem Pierre. :wink:
Been trying to do exactly what you told me, but (there's always a "but"!) I could not find I.E>Tools>Options>File Associations!
Not in Internet Explorer, but in Explorer.

Got to go now, so amuse toi bien. :)
Eric

Mailto Protocol

Postby Penintel » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:13 am

Hello again, Eric!

Half a solution applied! I found the .eml" contraption in Explorer and assigned it to Pocomail!
But I have no such thing as "Mailto Protocol" in the list.
I could probably add one, but they ask for an "extension", before entering an URL, and I do not know what to do!
I am shameful to worry you about that again!
Pierre
Pierre
Penintel
Poco Tourist

Hurr...ah!

Postby Penintel » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:18 am

Dear Eric!

Much progress! .eml was all right! I went to Google and found this:
HKCR_mailto.reg
When asked I said OK to have it copied in Registry. Then, through Explorer, I changed it to point at Pocomail.
And it works: it opens Pocomail...but the address is in an attched file and not where it should be!!
Perhaps a solution?
All the best!
Amitiés.
Pierre
Pierre
Penintel
Poco Tourist

Mail to (2)

Postby Penintel » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:20 am

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark, ... ~mode=flat

That is the link I forgot!
Bien à vous.
Pierre
Pierre
Penintel
Poco Tourist

Re: Hurr...ah!

Postby Eric » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:27 am

Penintel wrote:Dear Eric!

Much progress! .eml was all right! I went to Google and found this:
HKCR_mailto.reg
When asked I said OK to have it copied in Registry. Then, through Explorer, I changed it to point at Pocomail.
Open Windows Explorer, click on Tools, Folder Options. When it pops up,
then click on the File Types tab, the scroll on down to URL:Mailto
Protocol. Double click on that, and double click on Open. Now in the
first box/line change that to whatever Poco is, but leave in -url
"%1". Thats every important. If there is anything under DDE, remove it and uncheck it. OK your way out. Then you may have to reboot for it to work.
If you don't have a URL:Mailto Protocol there, then create one.
No extension must be given, since it's a protocol. :)
And it works: it opens Pocomail...but the address is in an attched file and not where it should be!!
See above instructions.

Hope that helps, otherwise we'll give it another shot tomorrow, if possible. :wink:
Eric

Protocol

Postby Penintel » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:00 am

Thanks (again and again!) for the instructions, but the" %1" already figures:
C:\Winprog\PocoMail4\Poco.exe "%1"

(Winprog is where my applications are located), but it still points to "attached files"...
See you to-morrow or on Monday (you deserve a quiet Sunday!)
Amitiés.
Pierre
Pierre
Penintel
Poco Tourist

Re: Protocol

Postby Eric » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:00 am

Penintel wrote:Thanks (again and again!) for the instructions, but the" %1" already figures:
C:\Winprog\PocoMail4\Poco.exe "%1"
My pleasure Pierre.
Strange why it won't work.

In Opera the following is set for Barca Pro:
Code: Select all
C:\Program Files\BarcaPro2\BarcaPro.exe /m mailto:%t&subject=%s&body=%m

Otherwise it won't work in Vista. :?
(Winprog is where my applications are located), but it still points to "attached files"...
Perhaps better to delete the MAILTO an recreate it from scratch. Reboot your computer afterwards.
Installing other browsers, email clients & others can mix up things in Windows. I know that from personal experience.
See you to-morrow or on Monday (you deserve a quiet Sunday!)
Amitiés.
Till Monday.
Going away with wife & kids tomorrow. :)
Eric

Mail to protocol...

Postby Penintel » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:53 pm

Hi Eric,

Hope you had a nice Sunday with your wife and children!
My own better half pressed me into service to carry the bags from the super-market, but it is prettty windy to-day, and I do not bear that easily!
I tried to recreate from scratch as you said, copied your own solution and adapted it to Poco. No way; it did not work better.
So I reversed to the old command ,and I am back to start:
Press "mailto" and it opens Pocomail, but in the "Attach windows"!
I will unwise Pocomail end reinstall it clean and see what happens!
A bientôt!
Amitiés.
Pierre
Pierre
Penintel
Poco Tourist

Hurrah!

Postby Penintel » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:58 pm

Lo and Behold!

Stubborn as a Breton, they say! Well it is probably true!
I erased, recreated, added, cut off, well i went through every operation I could think off!
And suddenly, after reinstalling Pocomail from scratch (I had kept the "Address file", it went all right, and very, very rapidly!
Thank you for all your patience and care!
It would be the most reasonable reason not to leave Pocomail, even though, some complain it is a dead application!
Long live to Pocomail! and Joy and Happiness to the forum helpers!
Pierre
Pierre
Penintel
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:05 pm

Hi Pierre,
Penintel wrote:Hope you had a nice Sunday with your wife and children!
Sure did, and they all enjoyed the attractions at that recreation domain. The sun was shining, so all was well. 8)
My own better half pressed me into service to carry the bags from the super-market, but it is prettty windy to-day, and I do not bear that easily!
I know what it's like. Have been carrying bags during the time I was without a car (total loss). You can't buy too much, otherwise you run into trouble carrying those home. A trolley does help, but not that much.
Also the weather must be on your side or you could catch a cold or worse. :?
Stubborn as a Breton, they say! Well it is probably true!
Told you so, perseverance pays off in the end. :)
A lot of work, but something must have been broken by installing other applications. It's not the first time that I've seen this. :(
Thank you for all your patience and care!
The pleasure is mine Pierre. Glad to be of some help to get this fixed. :P
It would be the most reasonable reason not to leave Pocomail, even though, some complain it is a dead application!
Long live to Pocomail! and Joy and Happiness to the forum helpers!
Not dead at all, but it's taken longer than it's supposed to be. We'll see when the new beta is announced. 8)
Thanks for the kind words. I'm sure PSI & the other helpers appreciate it very much.

Till next time Pierre & enjoy your day. ;)
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To