[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Barca & Vista Home Edition [Mod: Vista security issue]

Barca & Vista Home Edition [Mod: Vista security issue]

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Barca & Vista Home Edition [Mod: Vista security issue]

Postby chae » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:07 pm

Hi Yah,

Have been using Barca (latest edition) on XP for ages & no probs, computer died & have bought new PC with Vista home edition & have found a problem with Barca...

I delete a email from any folder - emails go to trash as normal then if I compress folder all the email I deleted appear back in the folder again ???????

I have tried this on numerous occassions in different folders i.e In, Sent even Trash, the funny thing is that it's not always the same email that appear back in the folders after compression.

Even after I close Barca when I open it up the email that I deleted previously still appears in the In folder, trash folder, sent folder

Anyone any ideas as to why this is happening or anyone else having the same problems ?

Regards

Chae
chae
Frequent Visitor

Re: Barca & Vista Home Edition

Postby Eric » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:59 am

chae wrote:Even after I close Barca when I open it up the email that I deleted previously still appears in the In folder, trash folder, sent folder

Anyone any ideas as to why this is happening or anyone else having the same problems ?
Did you restore from a CD?
If so, I guess your folders are marked 'Read Only'. :?

Could be wrong about that, so it could also be software like one case we had in the past. I'll look it up to see if I can find that topic back. :)
Eric

Postby chae » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:51 am

I've checked the folders permission & they're as should be, something weird going on though because let's say I clear all my email in the inbox & move some emails to their appropriate folders after I click to go back to the inbox there's some email still in the inbox.

Plus I'm noticing the reply I received from you I could see in the inbox & read it, after I switch folders to say the sent folder then come back to the inbox the email I could read prior now doesn't show properly formatted (see below).

Subject: Topic Reply Notification - Barca & Vista Home Edition

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D
SIM 2.5-3 <sim@r-fx.org> 07/05/08=
00:30:01
From sales@pocosystems.com Sat, 5 Jul 2008 16:32:26 0000
To: <>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 16:32:26 0000
Delivery-Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 16:32:26 0000
Subject: Thank you for purchasing Barca!
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<style type=3D"text/css">
body { Font-family: Tahoma; Font-size: 10 pt; }
td { Font-family: Tahoma; Font-size: 10 pt; }
a { }
.appname { Font-weight: bo

Sanitize HTML & Ignore HTML are not activated !!!

I downloaded the lastest version from the web site then simply copied the files across from my backups, so wasn't restored from a CD.

Here's another weird one...delete some email from the inbox, close barca down, open it & there's random email still in my inbox.

Will download Barca again & reload see if that makes a difference.
chae
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:54 am

Just found that topic back. :)
Will have a look at the rest later. Time to go to bed now.

See Cannot permanently delete messages.

Hope that new install will do the trick. :wink:
Eric

Postby chae » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:21 am

Hi Yah Eric,

The problems in that thread is partly what I'm experiencing.

I did the new install & it worked as it should for a wee while (an hour or so) then I noticed that when I sent an email to someone I went to the sent folder & only the from & subject line was showing, no actual body text showed.

I then went through & deleted the files mention in the thread, opened up Barca & same thing only from & subject showed. I then compressed the folder & would you believe it the message disappeared, I also went to the sent folder which had about 6 emails showing a few with attachments, did a compress on that folder & all the emails disappeared from the display.

The PC is running Vista Home Edition, latest updates & service packs installed this morning, PC is less than 24 hours old, Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @2.4 Ghz, 4Gb Ram, with a NVIDIA GEForce 9600 GT Graphics Card.

At a loss now as to what to do...may plod on for a wee bit & see if I can figure out what's happening. If not will try Outlook & see if that gives me problems, only thing is if that doesn't how the heck can I import my email folders into Outlook (not that I want to but may have to) :(
chae
Frequent Visitor

Postby chae » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:55 am

Update from yesterday...

After a reinstall of Barca things didn't get any better. It got to the stage that emails would arrive, I would move one say from inbox to a specific folder, go back to inbox & the body of the messages wouldn't be showing in say one message, click on the next message in the inbox & it has the to & subject line correct but the body would be of another email.

I've only had the PC for over a day & a half now, scanned for viruses, used three different programs for trojans, malware etc etc nothing.

Moved Barca & all it contents over to a laptop with XP & it's working as normal, simply downloed latest version, installed then copied the coplete Barca2 folder off of the PC & overwrote everything in the Barca2 laptop.

I think it maybe either a graphics or Vista thing, I'm also having issues with Vista recognising a Simtel microphone...but that's a different story.
chae
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:24 pm

chae wrote:I think it maybe either a graphics or Vista thing, I'm also having issues with Vista recognising a Simtel microphone...but that's a different story.
I guess it's not a Vista problem, but something else. Could be a graphics problem, although it could be a conflict with other hardware/software too.
Good to hear it's working on your laptop. :)

As for your Simtel, did you have a look at their site to see if there's an update.

Good luck with it. ;)
Eric

Postby chae » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:31 pm

Hi Yah Eric,

The only difference with the old PC & the new one is basically the OS & graphics card. All the printers are the same, Open Office is the same, along with the other software I use, even the keyboard & mouse is the same.

The microphone problem is a known Vista Bug (eventually found out after trawling) which is a real pain cause I do a radio show & had to miss my stream over the weekend because of it :(

Anyway will plod on & see what happens, can't keeping using the laptop for email, need it on the main PC.

S'Later
chae
Frequent Visitor

Postby chae » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:38 pm

Eric,

Found something on one of the other posts...

Second most frequent problem, is if people switch to Vista and keep their data under Program Files directory, as they were used to in the past. That's a big no no in Vista. Not a Pocomail bug, but Vista security feature.

I have always had my data under Program Files/Barca2/Mail/CustomerA Folder etc etc etc

I'll try installing Barca using the default settings which should put it under the users folder. I'll let you know....
chae
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:34 pm

chae wrote:Found something on one of the other posts...
Indeed, that should definitely be avoided and most certainly that's the reason why you're experiencing those problems. :?
I have always had my data under Program Files/Barca2/Mail/CustomerA Folder etc etc etc
Under Vista it may not be installed there, since Vista protects those folders from changes. (= UAC)
I'll try installing Barca using the default settings which should put it under the users folder. I'll let you know...
That will do the trick.
For me, my data is installed on another partition, so it can't give any problems with Vista here. :)

Looking forward to the result Chae. :wink:
Eric

Postby chae » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:42 pm

Hi Yah Eric,

Yep that seems to have resolved all the problems I've been having, within 10 minutes I could tell things were back to normal. Will still keep an eye on things for a wee while longer.

Thanks Eric. Now to get this mic problem fixed (hee hee)

S'Later
chae
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:22 pm

chae wrote:Yep that seems to have resolved all the problems I've been having, within 10 minutes I could tell things were back to normal. Will still keep an eye on things for a wee while longer.
Most likely you won't have those problems again. :)
Thanks Eric. Now to get this mic problem fixed (hee hee)
My pleasure and I hope your mic problem will get fixed eventually.

Take care. ;)
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To