[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Unable to send mail to a mail Id that is outside my domain

Unable to send mail to a mail Id that is outside my domain

General email topics, from anti-virus and anti-spam software to webmail and ISPs

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Unable to send mail to a mail Id that is outside my domain

Postby subrahmanya » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:10 pm

Hi All

I am using Poco 1.3.1 C++ portable components. I am trying to send mail to some Gmail Id. I am using SMTPClientSession::sendMessage() function to send mail. I have set different parameters before calling sendMessage() function as specified in the sample program Mail.cpp. When I execute sendMessage() it throws an exception "{"Recipient rejected: <xxx@gmail.com>: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for xxx@gmail.com"

If I try to send mail from a machine s158344@abc.com to mail Id xxx@abc.com, i.e. within same domain, there is no such problem. I get mail to Id xxx@abc.com

Does anyone know the reason for this behavior? Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance
Subrahmanya

~ Masked email addresses from those pesky spambots + moved from PocoMail ... Eric ~
subrahmanya
New Arrival

Re: Unable to send mail to a mail Id that is outside my doma

Postby Eric » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:42 pm

Hi Subrahmanya & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
subrahmanya wrote:I am using Poco 1.3.1 C++ portable components.
Never heard about that one. :?
Does anyone know the reason for this behavior? Am I missing something here?
All I can think of is that authentication isn't set to address Gmail, although all this is way beyond my understanding.

Hope someone can help you to identify what's really wrong, since I'm only guessing here.

Sorry. :wink:
Eric

Postby Tomas » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:08 pm

Pocosystems is not involved with these components. I'd recommend to contact their author.
I might be wrong, but it could be
Applied Informatics Software Engineering GmbH
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to Email Hall