[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Pocomail / Pocomail PE / MyInfoToGo Differences

Pocomail / Pocomail PE / MyInfoToGo Differences

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Pocomail / Pocomail PE / MyInfoToGo Differences

Postby skull » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:05 pm

Hi there

Might seem dum but have 14 days left evaluating Pocomail and was wondering what advantages and disadvantages there are in using it or Pocomail PE instead.

I see that Barca has a calendar and pocomail doesnt. Is that the main difference ???

Is there a feature comparison list for your products ???

Finally is MyInfoToGo a replacement for Pocomail PE ???

Thanks skull :lol: :lol: :lol:
skull
New Arrival

Re: Pocomail / Pocomail PE / MyInfoToGo Differences

Postby Eric » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:27 pm

skull wrote:Hi there

Might seem dum but have 14 days left evaluating Pocomail and was wondering what advantages and disadvantages there are in using it or Pocomail PE instead.
No dumb questions, only dumb answers. :)

Poco has to be installed on your PC, PocoMail PE is used on portable devices, like a USB stick. Plug it in and read your mail anywhere. Same for MITG. 8)
I see that Barca has a calendar and pocomail doesnt. Is that the main difference ???
Barca is a PIM (=Personal Information Manager), which uses the same engine as Poco.
Is there a feature comparison list for your products ???
Not that I know of, but you can read the description on [url=http://www.pocosystems.com/home/index.php?option=content&task=section&id=2&Itemid=25PocoSystems website[/url].
Good idea to have a comparison list. :)
Finally is MyInfoToGo a replacement for Pocomail PE ???
I guess so.
Also PocoMail PE syncs with older versions, not with the current one. Therefore you'll need MITG which is in fact pretty much the same as Barca.

Hope that helps & have fun during your trial. ;)
Eric

Postby skull » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:07 pm

Thanks Eric,

Are the the data files (mailboxes, contacts etc) interchangeble for backup purposes with each product.

Is myinfotogo able to be installed on hard drives as well as removable drives ???

So from what you said earlier would Myinfotogo due to its pim capabilities like Barca and portability like the old Pocomail PE be the best allround product or am missing something.

Thanks skull
:lol: :lol: :lol:
skull
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:22 pm

skull wrote:Thanks Eric
You're welcome skull. ;)
Are the the data files (mailboxes, contacts etc) interchangeble for backup purposes with each product.
Yes, you could simply copy it over or use Poco and Barca with the same Mail directory, same Contacts and so on. Just not use them at the same time, since that may lead to corruption.
Is myinfotogo able to be installed on hard drives as well as removable drives ???
No, MITG has to be installed on removable devices only, since it won't allow you to install on your hard drive AFAIK.
So from what you said earlier would Myinfotogo due to its pim capabilities like Barca and portability like the old Pocomail PE be the best allround product or am missing something.
MITG seems to be the best allround product, but that depends on your needs.

For instance I got Barca Pro & use MITG when I'm on the road or on vacation. My wife uses Poco. :lol:

Try those out, so you'll know what's best for you. 8)
Eric

Postby Tomas » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:03 pm

MITG can't be installed on removable hard drives either, at least on majority of them.
Only USB flash drives are supported at the moment.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to General Discussion