[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Any NEW development work on Barca & Pocomail?

Any NEW development work on Barca & Pocomail?

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Postby MonBidoux » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:10 am

Indeed, the thread has taken an interesting curve as it often happens in any given conversation. The people who post here are good natured and we need to smile back as you gently reminded us.
We all need to improve our often "programmed" ways don't we?

:wink:
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby aderoy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:25 am

Not sure but ducking for cover:

If the product works why is an upgrade required? It does the job, keeps the mailbox safe from most malware etc.

Does the program need? May be useful if an enchancement idea is given. Or a bug that needs to be addressed.

vcal, ical support is a request.

Threading of large mail folders could use some improvement.

IMAP support needs to be improved (have an open support ticket for one issue).

Plain text email is fairly straight forward, the problems comes with high graphics content / HTML based email not following the RFC's. Can you type MS?
aderoy
Frequent Visitor

Postby lian » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:45 am

Need ideas ?
Better search page (the actual is ugly and not so easy to use), possibility to automatically put the unread messages at the top of all messages, finding a way to write between quoted txt without having to unquote...
Last edited by lian on Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my blog (illustration, comics, SF and my work in french) : http://www.li-an.fr/blog
lian
Poco Tourist

Postby tribble » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:42 pm

We haven't even heard from Slaven here in the forum since around April...
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Slaven » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:16 am

tribble wrote:We haven't even heard from Slaven here in the forum since around April...

I apologize for the quiet but I promise to have things sorted out enough so that we can post a proper update this coming month, with some good news. :)
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby MonBidoux » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:50 am

Whoa! Yoohooo!!!

He's alive!!!

:P

And we thought you found a job offer you couldn't refuse...
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Fueler » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:19 am

My wish list is short since I am only a couple of months into the change over and has probably been mentioned before.

1: The ability to send/open poco from another program with the items from the other program already planted in poco. If MAPI is what does it, so be it.

2: The ability to directly paste a photo into the body of the email without having to use the insert command. Some things just don't need saved on the HD before sending. If poco needs to save it with the email that is fine.

3: The option to have the contacts collapsed by default.

4: Sort option of contacts by email address.

5: When that little "you have mail" box pops up a command option on it to directly open poco. The click you save may be your own.
Fueler
Frequent Visitor

Postby MonBidoux » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:54 pm

If there's one thing i like about Microsoft's Office Suite (Outlook) is the fact that i can compose in various languages in the same file and have corrections work automatically with a small sidebar pane that shows up if i want to evoke a thesaurus or dictionary.

Mind you, i hope to never have to buy another MSN product...

A blog with a hint of upcoming enhancements would be fun.
PopPeeper.com has a list of things done and to do.

Just a tip!
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Flashfox » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:23 am

Slaven wrote:
tribble wrote:We haven't even heard from Slaven here in the forum since around April...

I apologize for the quiet but I promise to have things sorted out enough so that we can post a proper update this coming month, with some good news. :)

Thanks for the feedback Slaven ;-)

For those who asked about reasons for a new version (upgrade, etc.), there are several omissions/weaknesses which have been detailled in many posts. Another important factor is what I call the "introduce something new or be called a dinosaur" syndrome.

Essentially, with all of the new E-mail applications being floeated around, Barca2 risks being left behind if it doesn't come up with updates. If PSI's only business model is based around these E-mail applications, then in order to survive and prosper, it must come up with new versions (my subjective view ;-).

See my two-three original posts to have a better idea as to what I am talking about.

The bottom line is that I like Barca2 and I don't want to move away just because product "x" offers more capabilities. However, being a geek at heart, I am one of those who likes see and experience new software. Heck, I even have a separate multi-boot computer loaded with Linux (now Ubuntu 8.04), Vista and XP. That system is dedicated to run BETA tests (drive imaging restores the configuration).
Flashfox

Postby Kevin Tea » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:06 pm

Flashfox, slightly OT but what disk imaging software do you use?
Regards
Kevin
800 feet up a Cumbrian fellside
Kevin Tea
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:07 pm

Kevin Tea wrote:slightly OT but what disk imaging software do you use?
For me that's ShadowProtect, although I've used Acronis for a long time, before I switched. :)
Another one is Paragon Drive Backup which my brother uses.

Thanks Slaven, really looking forward to this new update. :lol: 8) :D
Eric

Postby Flashfox » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:09 pm

Kevin Tea wrote:Flashfox, slightly OT but what disk imaging software do you use?

Acronis True Image 10.x (I also have Acronis Disk Director 10.x)
Flashfox

Postby aderoy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:08 am

Kevin Tea wrote:Flashfox, slightly OT but what disk imaging software do you use?

BootIT NG from TeraByte
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/index.htm

ask geeks a question...
aderoy
Frequent Visitor

Postby Kevin Tea » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:55 am

Cheers Guys - I'll check 'em out later.
Regards
Kevin
800 feet up a Cumbrian fellside
Kevin Tea
Poco Tourist

Next Verion Quicky

Postby bitman » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:38 am

Just need to plan & to know re the next version as I'd like to stay with Barca.

1. Is IMAP improved and filtering support added?
2. Is it in beta testing yet or do you have a release date?

Thank you.
bitman
Poco Tourist

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion