[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Next Version after 2.5

Next Version after 2.5

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Next Version after 2.5

Postby bitman » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:52 pm

What's coming in the next version?

I'm hoping for bug fixes such as the clipboard and access violation error problems, better IMAP support (want to use gmail, filters, reply tracking), and better handling of calendar reminder popups (pop up as your typing and are over typed or lost).
bitman
Poco Tourist

Re: Next Version after 2.5

Postby Eric » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:30 pm

bitman wrote:What's coming in the next version?
No info on that. :?
Wait and see. :wink:
Eric

Postby Flashfox » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:07 am

I would be interested in a module which would be compatible with Windows Mobile 6 Smartphone so that I could sync my contacts without having to go through Outlook. This is something that is now available for Mozilla Thunderbird. :lol:
Flashfox

Postby dribnus » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:17 am

Flashfox wrote:I would be interested in a module which would be compatible with Windows Mobile 6 Smartphone so that I could sync my contacts without having to go through Outlook. This is something that is now available for Mozilla Thunderbird. :lol:

I second this request.....for WM 5 as well.
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Postby drjamie03 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:49 am

I third it!! :-) I'd love to be able to sync my Blackberry with Barca.
Jamie P
drjamie03
Poco Enthusiast

Blog

Postby MonBidoux » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:24 pm

Wish PocoSystems would simply have a blog so we can see that there's something happening with regards to any improvements or developments.
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Considering Outlook - but it's a dog

Postby bitman » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:20 am

It's 2 years on and no bug fixes, no indication of a next version unfortunately. After two years of use, I can say I really like Barca, especially for it's peed an flexibility - it's just a pity about the irritating features and memory leak issue.

I have found myself looking at outlook with IMAP using gmails IMAP as I need to sync emails on several PC's, but outlook crashes goes to white screen and is very slow. It's a bit of a shock after Barca.

Can you say if the project team are working on anything including better IMAP support?

I wonder if I can set up IMAP folder structires via Outlook (and then dump it) and continue to use Barca with IMAP. Can Barca download full IMAP messages to local?
bitman
Poco Tourist

Re: Considering Outlook - but it's a dog

Postby Eric » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:59 am

bitman wrote:Can you say if the project team are working on anything including better IMAP support?
Only PSI knows, so I can't tell you anything at present, since I'm only a volunteer. :?
Eric

Re: Considering Outlook - but it's a dog

Postby Tomas » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:13 am

Better IMAP support is intended, but I have no information whether something to this extent will be in the upcoming update.
bitman wrote:Can Barca download full IMAP messages to local?

Yes, messages can be fully downloaded to local storage.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Slaven

Postby bitman » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:15 pm

Slaven has replied to another tread that something may be announced in August 2008, but I'm not sure if it's just a new development plan or an update to Barca.

Perhaps the moderator could indicate if anything is in beta testing yet?

It also seems that the most important feature of IMAP for me is the ability to sort emails into folders - which can't currently be done with filters in Barca - hence investigating outlook and thunderbird (both of which are not as good as barca in most other areas).
bitman
Poco Tourist

Re: Slaven

Postby Eric » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:44 pm

bitman wrote:Perhaps the moderator could indicate if anything is in beta testing yet?
No beta testing AFAIK. :roll:
Eric

Postby MonBidoux » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:12 pm

The suspense is just formidable!

Hopefully the rain will be over by then... we're having a very wet Summer this year, fruits are lost, gaz is out of this world. Ya, a new upgrade with real enhancements would be nice.
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby dhave » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:09 am

Eric wrote:
bitman wrote:Perhaps the moderator could indicate if anything is in beta testing yet?
No beta testing AFAIK. :roll:

I suspect you can tell if any beta programs are active by looking at the dates of posts in the various beta forum sections. You can see the date of the most recent post even if you can't enter the beta section itself.
- Que détestez-vous par-dessus tout?
- Dire qu'il est mal de dire du mal du mal.
(André Glucksmann)
dhave
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:19 pm

dhave wrote:I suspect you can tell if any beta programs are active by looking at the dates of posts in the various beta forum sections. You can see the date of the most recent post even if you can't enter the beta section itself.
No beta programs are active for the moment.
I do have access to every section here on this forum, also the hidden ones. :)
Eric

Postby MonBidoux » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:59 pm

It's starting to sound like the Vatican secret archives here...

Oh well, 11 more days to go before Slaven gives us an idea of what's coming around for us.

Da suspense!!
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Return to Barca Help and How-To