[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Help with filters please

Help with filters please

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Help with filters please

Postby MonBidoux » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:20 am

Hi,

I've setup some filters to have messages from specific senders to be sent to specific folders. When i did run on selected everything worked fine, but now that new messages are coming in, they aren't being sent to their new folders.

Thank you!
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:42 am

Were these filters created as Incoming or Manual :?:
If Manual, those filters will only run when selected.
Eric

Postby MonBidoux » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:38 am

Hope this image gives you the picture Eric!

MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Tomas » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:09 am

If you have messages coming in that should have been filtered, but were not, please try to run that filter manually on exactly those messages that were not filtered, to see if it will filter them or not.
(Chances are that while all those messages would have been filtered out by that filter, some of them might match one of the preceding filters thus don't have a chance to be filtered by the later one.)

Couldn't think of anything else so far. If unresolved, please turn to support (through menu Help > Email support).
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby MonBidoux » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:27 am

Tomas,

I tried it manually and it worked.
Will have to wait now for new messages and see if it works manually?
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Tomas » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:18 am

MonBidoux wrote:I tried it manually and it worked.
Will have to wait now for new messages and see if it works manually?

Not sure if I expressed myself well, what I wanted to have covered was the small difference between these two cases:
When you tried it manually, was it
a] right after you created that filter, on messages that were present in folder before the filter was created and enabled
or
b] on messages, that were downloaded after filter was enabled, but the filter for some reason didn't process these messages in automatic mode, yet it processed them when run manually
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby MonBidoux » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:24 am

Tomas,

A few messages came in today and the filters worked well for them all. Phew!

I was away for most of the day today. At the time i wrote this post it was only one message that had been missed. Was it human error, some oversight? Probably.
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:49 pm

MonBidoux wrote:Was it human error, some oversight? Probably.
Who's to tell what happened.
Good to hear it's working now. :)
Eric

Postby MonBidoux » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:01 pm

Eric,

I'm still tryin' to figure it out.
Actually, i'm just getting into this filtering stuff (better late than never) as i sit and hope and wait for the revamped Barca Slaven's been promising...

Thanks Tomas for your assistance.
If i could by you a pizza or somethin'!
You're a good man!

:wink:

I guess we can consider this thread "solved".
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Tomas » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:07 am

You are very welcome !

If it ever reappears, let us know. Best way is through helpdesk so that it can be checked on your config (if you send through menu Help > Email support), and also with message enclosed if possible (Message > Forward as Attachment).

Most common cause for any filter related problems are:
- too many filters that lead to complete mess, particularly with filter precedence and duplicate filtering rules etc.
- filter precedence: if one filter moves the message somewhere, the following filters have no effect. Thus eg. you might have a no. 1 rule in the list a rule to delete all messages with some spamword in the subject, but if friend sends a joke message with a spamword in the subject, it gets deleted before filtering arrives to the rule that says "move message to Friends folder".
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby MonBidoux » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:39 am

Tomas,

In the line of what you said, perhaps the fact that i had practically made four filters at the same time had some kind of initial impact.

Anyway, so far so good!

It's great to have service with a smile!

Thanks again!

:D
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Return to Barca Help and How-To