[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Socket Error When Attempting To Send Mail [Mod: Resolved]

Socket Error When Attempting To Send Mail [Mod: Resolved]

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Socket Error When Attempting To Send Mail [Mod: Resolved]

Postby jkumm » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:37 am

Hi,

I have been using Barca 2.5 for quite some time now, but am currently having problems when trying to send mail.

I am using my computer at a new location which has a DSL connection, but when I attempt to send mail from this location, the message I receive is a socket error message:

"Socket Error # 10051 Network Is Unreachable"

I am getting this message for all of my accounts.

The current account settings work form other locations, so the issue that is causing the problem seems to be related to some form of interaction between the settings that I have in Barca and whatever settings the ISP has in place.

I've tried tricks such as disabling my local firewall, but without success.

Does Pocomail technical support have any thoughts or suggestions?

Many thanks in anticipation of some useful suggestions.
jkumm
New Arrival

Solution to the problem found

Postby jkumm » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:27 pm

Hello,
I have found out what caused the problem.
It turns out that this particular ISP (Optusnet in Australia) puts a block on any Port 25 posts, so that it isn't possible to send emails through their network with any other SMTP aprovider.
I managed to find a link to a website that enabled this (unpublished) restriction to be removed.
If anyone else ever faces this issue, then the URL to change the setting is:
https://memberservices.optuszoo.com.au/mailfilter/
jkumm
New Arrival

Postby Tomas » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:41 am

Thanks for the update, glad to hear that it's resolved.

When ISP blocks port 25, you can try to use different port (2525, 587, 465, 26, possibly more), or have to switch to using the smtp server of the ISP.
(While I can't access the url you gave, as it's for members, I guess something along these lines is written there too.)
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to Barca Help and How-To