[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Gutted with Barca

Gutted with Barca

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Gutted with Barca

Postby westwing » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:52 pm

Hi,

I've used Pocomail & Barca for many years now. On the whole its been fine. Today, I decided to upgrade from Barca 1.4 to Barca 2.5.

Its exactly the same! What a disappointment. Even the bugs are still there. I'm not impressed and so far feel its a complete waste of $30.

Where is this new default theme?

Should have downloaded the trial first I suppose. That will teach me! GUTTED!!
westwing
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Gutted with Barca

Postby Eric » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:57 pm

Hi westwing,
westwing wrote:Its exactly the same! What a disappointment. Even the bugs are still there. I'm not impressed and so far feel its a complete waste of $30.
Sorry to hear it's not to your liking. :(

If there are bugs present, please report them to PSI.
What bugs are you talking about BTW?
I know there are some bugs present in the current release :?, but they're are minor IMO.
Where is this new default theme?
Don't understand this one? Do you mean there's no default theme present?
Should have downloaded the trial first I suppose. That will teach me! GUTTED!!
That's why there's a trial to experiment with, so you'll know if it fits your needs/expectations.

BTW Version 2.8 will soon go into beta, so hopefully that version will address your concerns. ;)
Eric

Postby westwing » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:48 am

appreciate you aswer Eric. My point here is that I upgraded from Barca 1.4 to 2.5 and they look virtually identical. Its not much of an upgrade ... in fact If I opened either I cannot easily tell which I'm using.

Norally an upgrade from a Ver1 to a (several years later) Ver2 will show substantial differences ... clearly not in this case.

I'll post my 'bug' in a few days ... when it occurs again. It says the subject line is too long in one message and holds all messages on the server until I go and delete it.
westwing
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:10 am

westwing wrote:appreciate you aswer Eric.
You're welcome westwing. :wink:
My point here is that I upgraded from Barca 1.4 to 2.5 and they look virtually identical. Its not much of an upgrade ... in fact If I opened either I cannot easily tell which I'm using.
I understand, although a lot as been done under the hood. It doesn't show when you open Barca, but it's there. :)
See also New in Barca 2.5.
Norally an upgrade from a Ver1 to a (several years later) Ver2 will show substantial differences ... clearly not in this case.
I disagree, see above comment and link. 8)
I'll post my 'bug' in a few days ... when it occurs again. It says the subject line is too long in one message and holds all messages on the server until I go and delete it.
Never encountered that, so if you do have the possibility to save some of those messages, it would help Support to pinpoint the problem you're having.
Send those messages as an attachment to them, so they can investigate it further.
Eric

Postby westwing » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:23 am

Just got it now ....

Code: Select all
Logging into mail.*********.com POP server as user ffffff+************.com ...
53 messages waiting on server;
Encountered error while fetching message 49:
Max line length exceeded.
No messages deleted, 53 messages left on server;
Logging off...

Its a crontab message from Mailscanner and this error is my primary reason for upgrading in the first place....

The problem is I can never download the message. I'll try with another mail client..... and will see if I can get it.
westwing
Drop-in Visitor

Postby westwing » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:27 am

I just found this thread .... from 2006!

http://www.pocosystems.com/forum/viewto ... 94ee3c75ea
westwing
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:41 am

westwing wrote:Just got it now ....

Its a crontab message from Mailscanner and this error is my primary reason for upgrading in the first place....

The problem is I can never download the message. I'll try with another mail client..... and will see if I can get it.
Should have been fixed with this new release or it's yet another problem turning up. :?

Hope you'll succeed with that other email client :?:
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To