[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Signatures not working

Signatures not working

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Signatures not working

Postby michaelp42 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:29 am

I have two accounts currently set up - with two different signatures.

Everything was working perfectly when i first installed but now when i change the from account when writing an email the signature stays the same.

I've gone over everything about ten times - reinstalled the application - tried using pocomail and barca.... i've manually deleted the signature files and created new ones. I cant think of anything else to do.

Help.....
michaelp42
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:51 am

:idea: Maybe this can help you further: Multiple signatures just do not seem to work.
Eric

Postby michaelp42 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:52 am

Eric wrote::idea: Maybe this can help you further: Multiple signatures just do not seem to work.

Ok that seems to work, but it also appears to strip out the formatting - i've got some colours and active hyperlinks within the signature that i want to keep....

Why doesnt the regular way work? Seems like a big bug in the software :(

Thanks for the quick response!
michaelp42
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:50 pm

michaelp42 wrote:Why doesnt the regular way work? Seems like a big bug in the software :(
When composing a message Barca will use the default account to add the signature.
Since it's already present it won't change when using another From.

You could highlight it and right-click to chose another signature or you could use templates.
An Event can be used, like Event OnReply, but not for composing new messages. :?

Here's an example for replying with a template when a message gets added to a folder. It's about the same setup. :)

Thanks for the quick response!
My pleasure michaelp42 & have a fine weekend. ;)
Eric

Postby michaelp42 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:23 am

scratches head and looks around all confused... :(

so how come the incline signatures strip out formatting / active links etc....?
michaelp42
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:52 am

michaelp42 wrote:scratches head and looks around all confused... :(

You're using the signature pane, so all active links will be lost. :?

Open a new message, go to View and disable that pane.
Eric

Postby michaelp42 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:13 pm

Eric wrote:
michaelp42 wrote:scratches head and looks around all confused... :(

You're using the signature pane, so all active links will be lost. :?

Open a new message, go to View and disable that pane.

But then i'm back to the original problem of signatures not working properly... This way i get the right sig for the right account - or be it stripped of formatting.

Either way it seems to be a bug - at least in my view :(
michaelp42
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:09 am

michaelp42 wrote:But then i'm back to the original problem of signatures not working properly... This way i get the right sig for the right account - or be it stripped of formatting.
I know. :?
Either way it seems to be a bug - at least in my view :(
Not a bug, but IMO a shortcoming which will maybe be adressed in version 3?
Eric

Postby michaelp42 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:06 am

Call it what you like - there appears to be no sensible solution if you want to use signatures with formatting and active links...?
michaelp42
Drop-in Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To