[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Template Problems

Template Problems

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Template Problems

Postby michaelp42 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:17 pm

In my attempts to find a way around the signature issues I'm having i thought i'd try templates.

So i created a template which was basically a signature. Then i associated an account with that template so it uses said template on new messages.

I figured that when i send a new email from that account the template would automatically be used.

Does it? Not that i can see. The only way i can get the template to work is to specify it from the pull down "new" button.

Help...
michaelp42
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Template Problems

Postby Eric » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:19 am

michaelp42 wrote:I figured that when i send a new email from that account the template would automatically be used.
Are you sure it's from that account :?:
Could be you're using an alias, so it would find the info in the header of your message. It will find the main account and as such it won't use that template.
Does it? Not that i can see. The only way i can get the template to work is to specify it from the pull down "new" button.
Does work for me, although I'm using also Events, like Event OnReply.
Or you could specify the template to use for a certain contact.

You could also use it to change the account when replying to that person from within a folder and subfolders. 8)

Another possibility is to create incoming filters to change that account.

Hope that helps. :wink:
Eric

Postby michaelp42 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:10 am

I'm clicking on the new mail button and then changing the "from" account option there from the default account to the one that i want (and the one i've set up the new message template on).

Ultimately all i want to do is to be able to send out messages with signatures that are formatted and with links...

Help please....
michaelp42
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:25 am

michaelp42 wrote:I'm clicking on the new mail button and then changing the "from" account option there from the default account to the one that i want (and the one i've set up the new message template on).
Nope, the account must be set in your template, so you won't forget to use that account.
Choose New mail from your template.
Ultimately all i want to do is to be able to send out messages with signatures that are formatted and with links...
Should work as described above. :)
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To