[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Update!

Update!

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Re: suggestion for 4.8

Postby Gleason Pace » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:33 am

Flashfox wrote:
Gert750 wrote: - - - snip - - -
FYI, the way PM and Barca2 handles this is very similar to how Ourlook 2003 and 2007 work. It is also how Becky2 manages the "to" field in these cases. Now I do not know how all other E-mail clients work, but I assume that this is a standard method.

our suggestion is interesting... :shock:

It is that way because it always has been...

It is true that other clients don't get it right either. It is also true that this way of doing things can be very annoying. So it is a chance for Poco to excel.

There are times when you really do want to send yourself an email, so this should remain possible. How about a Continue button?

Gleason
Gleason Pace
Frequent Visitor

Postby chrisretusn » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:13 am

Gert750 wrote:Scenario 1:
1. Someone (john) sends me an email
2. I (Gert) reply to john with an answer
3. 30 seconds later, I remember "I should have added xxx to my answer"
4. I reply to my original answer (not his original email, but my answer from step 2) to send the extra info. Barca/Poco shows "Gert" (me) as the TO email address, and I have to change it to "John" (if I remember/notice)

Scenario 2 (a small variation):
4. I reply-to-all to my original answer (from step 2) to send the extra info. Barca/Poco shows "Gert" (me) and "John" as the TO email address, and I have to remove "Gert" from the TO email address.

It would be great if the next release would recognize my own email addresses and would not automatically put them in the "TO:" field when I reply or reply-all.

When I run in to this situation, I use "Resend Message", available under the Message menu or on the right click context menu with the message selecting in the Index Pane.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby robin » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:45 pm

Gert750 wrote:Scenario 1:
4. I reply to my original answer (not his original email, but my answer from step 2) to send the extra info. Barca/Poco shows "Gert" (me) as the TO email address, and I have to change it to "John" (if I remember/notice)

Scenario 2 (a small variation):
4. I reply-to-all to my original answer (from step 2) to send the extra info. Barca/Poco shows "Gert" (me) and "John" as the TO email address, and I have to remove "Gert" from the TO email address.

That's an interesting thought, but it is only doing what you tell it to. However to achieve what you want, resend the send message: double click on the link the "Followup message sent" to open the sent message. Right-click the body of message and choose Edit Message - this opens a new message with the recipient details and the body from your original message - make the changes that you want and click on send - this is even better as it retains your original reply text.
robin

Postby ianw » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:12 pm

I use Pocomail 4.5.0.3910
I reply to a lot of emails, it really is tiresome to have to change the "To" email address in every email.

It sure would be great to have it fixed, surely it could be fixed, please.
ianw

#1 Issue for me

Postby MAL » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:19 am

I NEED Chinese Character Support!

Will this be in 4.8?
MAL
Drop-in Visitor

Re: #1 Issue for me

Postby Tomas » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:46 am

MAL wrote:I NEED Chinese Character Support!

Will this be in 4.8?

That's dependant on the new HTML engine, that as Slaven said, will not make it to 4.8, so unfortunately 4.8 will not come with improved Chinese character support I'm sorry.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Where's the Beta?

Postby skerns » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:39 am

I need my testing fix. Where's that Beta???
Meet me at Stonehenge at midnight, I'll bring the goat!
skerns
Poco Tourist

Re: Where's the Beta?

Postby Tomas » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:40 am

skerns wrote:Where's that Beta???

Still in private testing. Public beta will start after all reported issues will be fixed.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby jbuk » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:04 pm

robin wrote: Right-click the body of message and choose Edit Message - this opens a new message with the recipient details and the body from your original message - make the changes that you want and click on send .

Robin, thanks for that quick and simple suggestion. I have been using PM for years now and have always just changed the To address when I am in that situation. As you say - this is even better, the solution is already built in.
jbuk
Resident Poster

Postby Fritz Wagner » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:35 pm

jbuk wrote:
robin wrote: Right-click the body of message and choose Edit Message - this opens a new message with the recipient details and the body from your original message - make the changes that you want and click on send .

Robin, thanks for that quick and simple suggestion. I have been using PM for years now and have always just changed the To address when I am in that situation. As you say - this is even better, the solution is already built in.

This is great to know about! I have been using PM forever and didn't know about this. I used a little utility to "resend mail" which put the message in my outbox. Then I opened it up, reflowed the text, quoted the text, fixed the broken quotes on the second line and sometimes further down too, and then added my PS or correction on top so the recipient would immediately understand why I was resending. But doing it this way works much better because when you add the quotes, it always gets it right!

What else don't I know about? Don't tell me :D
Fritz Wagner
Fritz Wagner
Poco Tourist

Update

Postby cricketnz » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:20 pm

Slaven and team,

Just like to say, I am glad Barca/Poco is still in continuing development. I was getting a bit worried. But I am so used to Barca and like it somuch that I can hardly imagine myself using another product. I'll be keen to follow the forum in the next few months

Jim,
Hamilton, NZ
cricketnz
Poco Tourist

Postby Slaven » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:42 am

Thanks Jim, and the beta is now live too...!
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby Gleason Pace » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:02 am

Slaven wrote:Thanks Jim, and the beta is now live too...!

Yes, I do see posts in the beta forum. The horizon rumbles with pocopeople joy. :D
Gleason Pace
Frequent Visitor

Just so long as it works in Vista and beyond...

Postby sgtaylor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:06 am

Hi,

I've been looking at these "update" threads, and I'm glad that a new beta is in testing. Very glad! I can wait...

All I need is for Barca to be displayed in Vista's Default Programs list and properly registered as the default email program in every way. I've got a laptop with no XP driver support (it came with Vista) and I'd really like to use Barca again and not have to keep hunting for a "better" email program. (Like there *is* any.)

I still don't think that Thunderbird 3 is *ever* going to have outgoing mail filters. I think that the developers don't think it's needed. You should see the bug in Bugzilla; it's been around since 1999. You should also see the bug talking about top posting support (replies with the signature at the top of the reply) - that one is about 50 pages long and top posting is still deprecated in the dialog box that sets it up.

BTW, I've used just about every email program on the planet, and only PocoMail/Barca, Evolution (Gnome on Linux), and KMail (KDE on Linux) have any filtering of email beyond the inbox. That's the niche market PM/Barca can fill.

Steve Taylor
sgtaylor5
New Arrival

Re: Just so long as it works in Vista and beyond...

Postby Andreas » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:22 am

sgtaylor5 wrote:BTW, I've used just about every email program on the planet, and only PocoMail/Barca, Evolution (Gnome on Linux), and KMail (KDE on Linux) have any filtering of email beyond the inbox.

Did you have a look at The Bat? :wink:
The Bat can also filter outgoing messages.
Andreas
Poco Enthusiast

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion