[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Receipt requests

Receipt requests

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Receipt requests

Postby tonnelier » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:45 pm

Hello All

Is there a feature in PocoMail to prevent receipts for read/opened messages being sent? I've looked in Tools>Options and a quick look in the forum but can't find anything? (Apologies if this has been dealt with previously)

Thanks!
tonnelier
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:20 pm

Have a look at Request return receipt tonnelier, especially Michael's post. :) ;)
Eric

Postby tonnelier » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:39 am

Eric wrote:Have a look at Request return receipt tonnelier, especially Michael's post. :) ;)

Thanks Eric for your speedy reply - maybe I wasn't clear or I'm slow today, but what I was after was a feature to prevent people sending an email to me obtaining a receipt that I'd received the message. There doesn't seem to be a simple click as in Windows Mail for example, "Never send a Receipt" or so I have to create a script?

regards
Tonnelier
tonnelier
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:39 am

tonnelier wrote:Thanks Eric for your speedy reply
You're welcome Tonnelier. ;)
- maybe I wasn't clear or I'm slow today, but what I was after was a feature to prevent people sending an email to me obtaining a receipt that I'd received the message. There doesn't seem to be a simple click as in Windows Mail for example, "Never send a Receipt" or so I have to create a script?
I never receive such messages :roll:, but tried it today and Barca Pro didn't ask anything.
I suppose it's suppressed, unless you use that script, return_receipt.poc.

People will always use that function, so you can't prevent that.
I do use it too at work for confirmation on important messages.

I'll try it out tomorrow at work, so I'll know for sure if Barca Pro will ask anything. :)
Eric

Postby tonnelier » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:28 am

Eric wrote:I'll try it out tomorrow at work, so I'll know for sure if Barca Pro will ask anything. :)
Thanks Eric, that's really helpful. BTW, I use PocoMail, not Barca, so it's on PM that I like to prevent receipts being sent.

Thanks, have a great evening.
Tonnelier
tonnelier
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:59 am

tonnelier wrote:
Eric wrote:I'll try it out tomorrow at work, so I'll know for sure if Barca Pro will ask anything. :)
Thanks Eric, that's really helpful. BTW, I use PocoMail, not Barca, so it's on PM that I like to prevent receipts being sent.
Whether it's Poco or Barca, that won't make any difference.
Thanks, have a great evening.
Same to you Tonnelier & till tomorrow. ;)
Eric

Follow up

Postby Eric » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:01 am

Just tried it here at home with 2 other email clients. :)
One set to request a return receipt and the other one to request a delivery receipt and a return receipt.

Never did Barca Pro ask me to confirm/send anything, nor did I receive a delivery receipt. 8)

Next test is Outlook at work. :lol:
Eric

Postby chrisretusn » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:47 pm

tonnelier wrote:a feature to prevent people sending an email to me obtaining a receipt that I'd received the message. There doesn't seem to be a simple click as in Windows Mail for example, "Never send a Receipt" or so I have to create a script?

PocoMail/Barca does not respond to return receipt request; therefor there is no need for a "Never send a Receipt" setting.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:34 am

chrisretusn wrote:PocoMail/Barca does not respond to return receipt request; therefor there is no need for a "Never send a Receipt" setting.
Indeed, I came to the same conclusion after sending those messages from several email clients. 8) :wink:
Eric

Postby tonnelier » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:16 am

Eric wrote:
chrisretusn wrote:PocoMail/Barca does not respond to return receipt request; therefor there is no need for a "Never send a Receipt" setting.
Indeed, I came to the same conclusion after sending those messages from several email clients. 8) :wink: :P
Thank you so much Eric and to you Chrisretusn for all your work and help! Just the answer I was hoping to have.

Regards and a great eveningTonnelier
tonnelier
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:28 am

Our pleasure Tonnelier & a great evening to you too. ;)
Eric

Postby chrisretusn » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:42 am

Your welcome Tonnelier
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby aaronwt » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:02 pm

So is there a way to have PocoMAil send a return receipt? I like to have the option to send a receipt if one is requested. It's been that way with me for a long time with email. I'm looking for an email client to replace Windows mail since Windows 7 doesn't come with an email client, and I always had problems with Office Outlook and my 60+ email accounts.

Pocomail seems good but if it doesn't give me the option to send a receipt when requested it's a huge strike against it for me to use it.
aaronwt
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:19 pm

Hi aaronwt & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
aaronwt wrote:So is there a way to have PocoMAil send a return receipt?.
See my above answer:
Eric wrote:I suppose it's suppressed, unless you use that script, return_receipt.poc.
Only available to registered users.

Hope that helps. ;)
Eric

Return_Receipt

Postby Penintel56 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:49 am

I also wish to have this installed on my Pocomail 4.8.
So, I tried to download the file (being a registered user). No way! I am just getting the "information" and "how to" file, but not the script itself!
Any help?
Thank you in advance!
Pierre
Pierre
Penintel56
Poco Tourist

Next

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To