[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Calendar display questions

Calendar display questions

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Calendar display questions

Postby Victor Dewsbery » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:14 pm

I have a couple of questions about the display of the calendar in Barca.

1. Colour for appointments: I can't get the colour to apply to "all day" or multiple day appointments, only to appointments with a start and end time.

2. "Month" view: when I select the "month" view, I do not see any way to navigate more than a month or two ahead.
When I select the "week" view, there are a couple of monthly thumbnails in the right hand column, but these are not visible in the "month" view.

3. The scroll bar next to the calendar pane seems to be counter-intuitive both in "week" and in "month" view - moving it up and down (either by clicking in the empty part of the scroll bar or by dragging the bar itself) moves the weekly/monthly focus all over the place (sometimes backwards, sometimes forwards, sometimes by one week/month at a time and sometimes jumping several weeks/months forward or back, and I can't seen any system in the way it moves).
Victor Dewsbery
Berlin, Germany
Victor Dewsbery
Poco Tourist

Are the planner and calendar on speaking terms?

Postby Victor Dewsbery » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:20 pm

I have entered a number of appointments and one multiple day event in the calendar for the remainder of this year.

I selected the planner to see how they appear there.

They don't!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

We have already agreed that the calendar refuses to listen to the "tasks".
And now it seems that the planner turns a deaf ear to the calendar, too.

Can this be fixed somewhere in the settings, is it by design or is it another bug?

On my earlier observations:
Looking again at the scroll bar in the calendar ("month" view), I find that the tiny arrows at the top and bottom of the scroll bar seem to scroll properly, but clicking in the bar itself causes highly erratic jumping movements. With the focus on December 2008, I clicked once on the part of the scroll bar below the slide, and it took me to October with no way of telling what year I was in. A little bit of the scroll bar was still visible below the slide, so I clicked on that and found myself in January 2010. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Victor Dewsbery
Berlin, Germany
Victor Dewsbery
Poco Tourist

Re: Calendar display questions

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:14 am

Victor Dewsbery wrote:1. Colour for appointments: I can't get the colour to apply to "all day" or multiple day appointments, only to appointments with a start and end time.
Indeed, already reported before. :)
2. "Month" view: when I select the "month" view, I do not see any way to navigate more than a month or two ahead.
Using the scroll bar I can go a year further, so not only two months.
However I can't go further then that. It just stops and the same applies to using the PgUp or PgDwn-keys. :?
When I select the "week" view, there are a couple of monthly thumbnails in the right hand column, but these are not visible in the "month" view.
Yep, can't see which month I'm in when using the monthly view.
3. The scroll bar next to the calendar pane seems to be counter-intuitive both in "week" and in "month" view - moving it up and down (either by clicking in the empty part of the scroll bar or by dragging the bar itself) moves the weekly/monthly focus all over the place (sometimes backwards, sometimes forwards, sometimes by one week/month at a time and sometimes jumping several weeks/months forward or back, and I can't seen any system in the way it moves).
I agree it doesn't move that smoothly as in other PIM's. Here when using that scroll bar it leaves a trace on the screen in Vista. I guess that's a refresh problem.
Still some work to be done in that area to make it better. :)
I have entered a number of appointments and one multiple day event in the calendar for the remainder of this year.

I selected the planner to see how they appear there.

They don't!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Unfortunately till now the Tasks and the Planner aren't linked. I'll also would want to see that linked, as well as linking contacts to appointments, tasks, notes, planner. 8)
Can this be fixed somewhere in the settings, is it by design or is it another bug?
It's by design and not a bug. Some enhancement requests have been reported already in that area.

Let's see what the beta brings to us. ;)
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To