[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - "mailto" fails to find "To" box

"mailto" fails to find "To" box

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

"mailto" fails to find "To" box

Postby Victor Dewsbery » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:30 pm

When I click on a "mailto" link in Firefox, Barca is found as my default mail program and a new message is created, but the "To" box in the headers is left empty.

Instead, I get an addition to the attachments box, preceded by a red circle with a diagonal red line (i.e. something is crossed out). The attachment name (for example) is:
mailto:berlin-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
(The example is taken from the "mailto" link for enquiries to the Canadian Embassy here in Berlin at
http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/canada-eur ... ons-en.asp).

I have Vista Home Premium and Firefox 3.0.3.
My operating system is in German, but the interface language for Firefox is English.
Victor Dewsbery
Berlin, Germany
Victor Dewsbery
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:59 am

It worked for me, though on XP, the mailto link seems to be fine.
If you have some other browser installed as well, eg. Internet Explorer, will it work fine with it or same problem?
If Explorer works, it would most probably be a problem with Firefox plugin, or perhaps some setting in Firefox.
If it worked in the past, did you install some Firefox plugins recently?

In Firefox, select from menu Tools > Options, click on Applications, type Mailto in the search, does it say "Use Barca (default)"? Well it probably does, just checking....
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Victor Dewsbery » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:59 pm

Tomas wrote:If you have some other browser installed as well, eg. Internet Explorer, will it work fine with it or same problem?
It's even worse there. Internet Explorer claims that no default program is defined to handle the operation. Looking at the standard Internet programs list in IE (and in Windows under Start>Settings), Barca is not even included in the list, and I can find no way to add programs manually. I have clicked the buttons in Barca to make it the default mail and newsgroup program, but Windows seems not to understand this.
If it worked in the past, did you install some Firefox plugins recently?
First time I've tried it, so I don't know if it worked in the past.
In Firefox, select from menu Tools > Options, click on Applications, type Mailto in the search, does it say "Use Barca (default)"? Well it probably does, just checking....
Yes, it says "Use Barca" (but without the word default).
P.S. Strange, the word "default" is next to Thunderbird, but I have deleted Thunderbird from my system.
Victor Dewsbery
Berlin, Germany
Victor Dewsbery
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:28 am

While it's only a workaround, you could try this suggestion:
http://www.pocosystems.com/forum/viewto ... 3177#33177
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Victor Dewsbery » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:35 pm

Yes. I don't understand all the parts, but the line
"C:\Program Files\Barca2\Barca.exe" /m mailto:%a&subject=%s&body=%b
works for me (and now that Canadian embassy link behaves as it should in Firefox 3).

The download link I used is http://mozex.mozdev.org/.
In Firefox I went to Tools>Add ons>Mozex 1.9.9>Options>Mail.
I ticked the box "Intercept mailto: clicks" and entered the above line.

Bingo! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Victor Dewsbery
Berlin, Germany
Victor Dewsbery
Poco Tourist

Thanks!

Postby rbtpt » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:10 am

Thank You Victor Dewsbery!

(I hope I got that name right - filled it in from memory.)

That extension worked.
--
Steve Taylor
rbtpt
New Arrival

Return to Barca Help and How-To