[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Network calendar subscription?

Network calendar subscription?

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Network calendar subscription?

Postby kartal » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:53 am

Hi

I have some calendars on my local network published by thunderbird and someothers. I would like to"subscribe" those .ics calendars. I do not want to import them, I want to subscribe them. I tried subscription menu but it seems like I can only subscribe to one aprtciluar fortmat which is not .ics.

Is there a way to achieve what I want in Barca

thanks
kartal
New Arrival

Re: Network calendar subscription?

Postby Eric » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:19 am

Hi kartal & welcome to Poco Forums, as well as my best wishes for 2009, :D
kartal wrote:Is there a way to achieve what I want in Barca
I guess you'll need Barca Pro to achieve that. :?
Eric

Postby kartal » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:21 am

Hi Eric

Happy new years as well.

I am actually trying Barca pro at he moment.
kartal
New Arrival

Postby Tomas » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:56 pm

Out of the common formats, Barca would only allow subscription through RSS, as it has some basic functionality as RSS reader (you can setup rss thread as a new account), but that's indirect subscription that will not appear in the calendar.

Barca can export/publish ICS, but it can only subscribe to its own format.

Workaround exists, but a bit impractical:
through menu File > Change User, you can setup/use a different user. After user is created, you can switch to that user, import ICS, publish it to Barca Format, switch back to your main user identity, and subscribe to that Barca calendar.

I'm not aware of any easier ways.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to Barca Help and How-To