[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Contacts and "new group" field.

Contacts and "new group" field.

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Contacts and "new group" field.

Postby MonBidoux » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:21 am

Hi,

Creating groups is fine but when you click on the lens next to an email address to find the details, the groups you create fail to appear in any of the fields.

Is there a way to make a drop down menu so that you can quickly add a new email address to any group you created?

Thank you!
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Re: Contacts and "new group" field.

Postby Eric » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:43 am

First my best wishes for you & your family. ;)
MonBidoux wrote:Is there a way to make a drop down menu so that you can quickly add a new email address to any group you created?
Click on the looking glass first. Next you'll see your address books and scrolling down you'll see your groups.
Select the group to add it.

In short it exists already. :)
Eric

Postby Tomas » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:51 am

Hi,

when I click on the lens icon (in the email preview pane), I get a window with a list of books, and a list of groups (from all books). If I create a new group, it will appear there as well (no need to restart program).
If I click on the group in that window, the email address gets added to the group.

Can you see that window?
Or am I talking about different thing?

PS. Eric once again was faster :) That's right, as he says it's probably existing already in that case you'll only get the address details window.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby MonBidoux » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:22 am

Tomas, Eric,

First of all, thank you for the good wishes.
Do wish to you and your dear ones abundant blessings and prosperity for the NEW YEAR!

I do get the addressbook with groups created but i also did notice that when i don't have the "two heads" icon next to the "looking glass" the groups fail to show up (only the data fields are there= Summary, General, Business, Home etc.). Does that then mean that when there are no "two heads" icon next to the "looking glass" that the contact is already in my addressbook?

I also did notice that i can add the contact to a group via "right-click" on the email address and that if try to add it to my contacts, it will tell me that it is already there or not. :)
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Return to Barca Help and How-To