[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Reply issues

Reply issues

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Reply issues

Postby kramusica » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:33 am

Hi,

I recently purchased Barca Pro 2.5 and like the software very much. However, I'm having a real bad time finding the correct settings to reply with all conversations included as is.

The handling of the original messages in html when replying is pretty bad. I have found that choosing 'forward' respects all stylings and conversations but unfortunately 'to', 'cc' and 'bcc' fields are empty

I'd be grateful if someone can guide me step by step on how I can reply with full message and stylings of all communications included.
kramusica
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Reply issues

Postby Tomas » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:47 am

In Options, Quoting Text, you can fill in the appropriate tags in the Automatic Headers tabs.
for 'to', 'cc' and 'bcc'
they would be
%to%
%cc%
%bcc%

Barca shall reply with full message text, but the styling is not included if quot character is used. If you don't use quote character, the styling might be included if simple - Barca is not capable of handling complex HTML.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby kramusica » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:43 am

Thanks Tomas.

I have been tweaking some settings lately and have no issues anymore.
kramusica
Drop-in Visitor

Postby chrisretusn » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:26 am

What did you do to solve those issues?
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby kramusica » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:10 pm

Hi Chris,

I have the following settings in program options (F7):

Sending Mail
Enable Auto-Complete in address entry fields

Message Format
Always use this message format 'Just Styled'

Quoting Text
Quote text when replying
Re-flow quoted text
Wrap quoted text after (characters) : 150

Automatic headers:
Reply tab
On: %sent%
To: %to%
CC: %cc%

Hope this helps.
Last edited by kramusica on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kramusica
Drop-in Visitor

Postby chrisretusn » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:05 pm

Thanks.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Return to Barca Help and How-To