[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Export and re-import accounts

Export and re-import accounts

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Export and re-import accounts

Postby alanstancliff » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:13 pm

I installed Barca on a new computer but was having a heck of a time setting up the email accounts, of which there are several. I made printouts and tried to copy them exactly. Five or more hours resulted in nothing but frustration.

Is it possible to export the accounts and store them on a USB stick and then sneakernet them into the installation of Barca on the other computer.

I'm tearing my hair out, and it's a bit thin to begin with. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Alan
alanstancliff
Frequent Visitor

Re: Export and re-import accounts

Postby Eric » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:53 pm

Hi Alan,
alanstancliff wrote:Is it possible to export the accounts and store them on a USB stick and then sneakernet them into the installation of Barca on the other computer.
Yes, quite simple to do it. :)
Just copy your account.ini file and overwrite the current one on your other computer and you're done.
Make sure Barca is closed when overwriting that file.

The same can be done with your filters, events, notes and so on.

Should work, since I've done it many times. ;)
Eric

Postby alanstancliff » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:58 am

Thanks Eric,

That will give me something to play with.

Regards,

Alan
alanstancliff
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:34 am

You're welcome Alan. ;)
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To