[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - two or more people with writing rights to calendar

two or more people with writing rights to calendar

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

two or more people with writing rights to calendar

Postby DSW » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:28 pm

Hi,

me and my collegea are both using Barca Pro,
We both like to write and read to the same public calendar.
Is this possible?? It seems you cannot be both the same owner of the calendar. Only one owner and one reader...

How can I change this? please advice

Regards,

Dennis
DSW
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:41 am

Hi Dennis,

AFAIK you can't at present.
Maybe that will change, although it could certainly lead to corruption of data when two persons are accessing the same data at the same time. :?
Eric

Maybe the calendar can be locked, like a mailbox can.

Postby DSW » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:24 pm

Isn't it possible to lock the external calendar for writing when one of the users is writing a new appointment or calendar subject to the external calendar? Just lik your shared mailbox can be locked when someone else is checking mail on it.

What I would like to try to do is send my collegae the same calendar and calendar ini settings from the barca.ini.

Any idea if this might work?

regards,

Dennis
DSW
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Maybe the calendar can be locked, like a mailbox can.

Postby Eric » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:48 am

DSW wrote:Any idea if this might work?
If Barca allows it, which I doubt, then it would be possible.
Maybe the next major upgrade will do just that.
What I would like to try to do is send my collegae the same calendar and calendar ini settings from the barca.ini.
Hope that won't give you any trouble, so best be prepared and make a backup to test it out.

Unless PSI confirms it, I'm not sure if it can be done.

Sorry Dennis. ;)
Eric

Postby Tomas » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:09 am

As Eric said, it cannot be done in current version, I'm sorry.
The public calendars are on the "one owner many subscribers" basis.

If with sending the files you mean whether you could send your colleague the calendar files (Calendar.dat, Recur.dat) and he can send them back to you after editing, yes that can be done. But you'd have to avoid doing any edits in your calendar in the meantime before your colleague will send the files back.
Though it seems to me it would be a bit cumbersome, particularly with frequent edits.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

I'll try next week and let you know...

Postby DSW » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:22 pm

Ok, we'll make a backup and try if it wil work. We already got "no" for an answer. lets see if we can make it maybe...
DSW
Drop-in Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To