[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Update!

Update!

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Postby Gleason Pace » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:30 pm

DaveP wrote:
Gleason Pace wrote:
For many of us though, it is broke.

Okay, I am not trying to be smart, but what is broke?

I went back through this thread, and yes, there are comments about inadaquate IMAP support, but outside of that, there don't seem to be any real issues. I am strictly talking Pocomail here. I do not follow the Barca forum.

Dave P

Imap is seriously broke. Html editing is in poor shape. There are many smaller issues behind those larger ones. And lots of other things skattered throughout. Yes, the problems are there, but if you don't use them, you won't notice.
Gleason Pace
Frequent Visitor

Postby DaveP » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:45 pm

You are probably correct. My needs are relatively simple. Usually I can find work-arounds for problems. For example the resend message issue. I simply drag the message to the draft folder, open it up, make revisions, add revised to the subject line, and resend it.

I have no real need for IMAP, but that may simply be my ingnorance. Maybe there are features that I do not understand the implications of. I can see the safeguard issues, but outside of that, I do not know.

Dave P
DaveP
Poco Tourist

Postby lian » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:28 pm

The problem with "mail to" command in browsers must be corrected, too.
my blog (illustration, comics, SF and my work in french) : http://www.li-an.fr/blog
lian
Poco Tourist

Postby chrisretusn » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:11 am

Gleason Pace wrote:Imap is seriously broke.

I don't use IMAP much but for me it seems to work; maybe I am missing something on the function of IMAP; which is why I am asking. What is broke with IMAP?
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby chrisretusn » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:14 am

DaveP wrote:For example the resend message issue.

I am confused. There is a Resend Message under the Message menu and also a Resend Message on the context menu when right clicking on a message. I use it frequently.
Chris

chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby chrisretusn » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:25 am

lian wrote:The problem with "mail to" command in browsers must be corrected, too.

Confused? What problem, "mailto" works for me in both Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Chris

chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Gleason Pace » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:16 pm

chrisretusn wrote:

I don't use IMAP much but for me it seems to work; maybe I am missing something on the function of IMAP; which is why I am asking. What is broke with IMAP?

I have 68 on line Imap folders and 14,000 stored messages. It should not be a surprise that I am seeing lacks that you don't. One big one is not being able to filter messages to an Imap folder. Another is unreliable message counters showing new messages. I get new messages a lot of places besides inbox. Can't create or delete on line folders. Non persistence of attached notes when you rebuild a folder index or move a message to another folder.

Lots of stuff. It has been a few years since I decided Poco was unusable for me. Those are the ones that jump out now. I distinctly remember performance degradation when you leave Poco to run over a period of hours too.
Gleason Pace
Frequent Visitor

Postby chrisretusn » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:56 pm

Gleason Pace wrote:
chrisretusn wrote:

I have 68 on line Imap folders and 14,000 stored messages. It should not be a surprise that I am seeing lacks that you don't. One big one is not being able to filter messages to an Imap folder. Another is unreliable message counters showing new messages. I get new messages a lot of places besides inbox. Can't create or delete on line folders. Non persistence of attached notes when you rebuild a folder index or move a message to another folder.

Lots of stuff. It has been a few years since I decided Poco was unusable for me. Those are the ones that jump out now. I distinctly remember performance degradation when you leave Poco to run over a period of hours too.

Thanks for your very informative reply. Gives me a better insight of the IMAP issue. :)
Chris

chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby lian » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:10 pm

chrisretusn wrote:
lian wrote:The problem with "mail to" command in browsers must be corrected, too.

Confused? What problem, "mailto" works for me in both Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Sorry, it was the "send page by mail" that I was thinking of.
my blog (illustration, comics, SF and my work in french) : http://www.li-an.fr/blog
lian
Poco Tourist

Previous

Return to General Discussion