[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Phantom Folder

Phantom Folder

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Phantom Folder

Postby tribble » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:56 am

I've used Poco/Barca since their respective Version 1.0 and yet I still can't find the solution to this one...

Recently, I removed an email account, backed up a particular set of folders and then deleted the folders and sub-folders from Barca.

Each time I restart Barca, the top level folder and two sub-folders are automatically recreated.

Example:

Folder
->Sub-Folder
-->>Sub-Folder

Each of the folders are empty.
I've checked all incoming, outgoing filters; Events; Scripts and can find no reference to any of the named folders and therefore, can not find why the folders are being recreated.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gene
aka Tribble
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Tomas » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:12 am

Did you delete them using Barca?

In such case they shall be removed for good if you delete the corresponding files directly - under Mail folder, find folders of same name, and files with .mbx and .idb extensions, and delete those too.

That seems to happen sometimes, I don't know why, perhaps some hard disk issues or file permissions or file locking related issue.

But if you keep removing files and folders will reappear anyway, no clue...try to submit a support request through menu Help > Email support, and I will check it too.
Last edited by Tomas on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby tribble » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:18 am

Well, there ya go...

I did (originally, and at least 20 times) delete through Barca. This time, I deleted the folders from the file system and low-and-behold, they didn't reappear. Interesting that the files indicated 0 bytes...

Thanks for the pointer Tomas!

Gene
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Tomas » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:42 am

Hi Gene,

that sounds like it was impossible to delete the folders, thus the files were being recreated which is why the were 0 size.

Anyway glad to hear that it's fixed now!
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to Barca Help and How-To