[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Any NEW development work on Barca & Pocomail?

Any NEW development work on Barca & Pocomail?

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Re: Next Verion Quicky

Postby Eric » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:46 am

bitman wrote:2. Is it in beta testing yet or do you have a release date?
As posted:
Slaven wrote:I apologize for the quiet but I promise to have things sorted out enough so that we can post a proper update this coming month, with some good news. :)
Eric

update

Postby bitman » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:10 pm

Thanks Slaven,

Do you mean an update to the development plan
or an actual update to Barca though?
bitman
Poco Tourist

Re: update

Postby Eric » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:46 pm

bitman wrote:Thanks Slaven
:lol: No Slaven here.
Do you mean an update to the development plan
or an actual update to Barca though?
As far as I read/understood it, it meant an update, so no beta testing. Only a new release. :)
Eric

An new relaease of the update plan gamail imap

Postby bitman » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:34 pm

An new release of the update plan.. um wow.

In regards to gmail imap, I have found that it is much better to set the filters within gmail itself (especially if using that outlook dog), so that could be dropped form high priority when the plan is done.

So for gmail IMAP, can barca:
1. sync all headers?
2. download fuill emails locally and sync?
3. If I move a mail between folders locally, will it sync back at gmail.
4. If I create/delete/alter a folder locally, will a gmail tag be created?

If it can do all this, then I would suggest that there should not be a problem using gmail imap as long as the filters are set at gmail level (which is best anyway).
bitman
Poco Tourist

Postby clivew » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:53 am

Well I am basically happy but DESPERATE for the following basic things:

Fix for continually downloading the same messages over and over again.

Better handling of poor HTML.

Retain formatting for pasted text.

Some fixes / enhancements to pocoscript (as a Delphi programmer I am frustrated with its limitations)
1. CompressMailbox to work without causing constant A/Vs
2. Ability to Set $CurrentMailbox

These two should be easy fixes/enhancements given what pocomail can do already.

Thanks,
Clive
clivew
Poco Tourist

Postby alcalde » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:23 pm

Did I miss the new update... or roadmap... or whatever was promised?
alcalde
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:07 am

alcalde wrote:Did I miss the new update...

Still in the beta testing stage.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby clivew » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:41 am

Can you at least say what you expect to be fixed in the Beta?
See my previous post for items that give me trouble.

Clive
clivew
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:41 am

I'm sorry I not aware of any changes in the areas you posted about in the previous post in this thread. (First two are definitely planned but dependant on substantial inner changes which are not yet finished.)

Fixes were mostly about mailbox access speed, resource consumption, and various annoying bugs (off the top of my head I think it was account replication, options reset, and some more... they were not published so it's just what I remember).
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Gleason Pace » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:57 pm

Tomas wrote:I'm sorry I not aware of any changes in the areas you posted about in the previous post in this thread. (First two are definitely planned but dependant on substantial inner changes which are not yet finished.)

Fixes were mostly about mailbox access speed, resource consumption, and various annoying bugs (off the top of my head I think it was account replication, options reset, and some more... they were not published so it's just what I remember).

None of which address the real function issues (message edit, imap support, inabilility to do a number of things that other clients commonly do). As I said elsewhere, even if Slaven actually does do this release, the most likely thing is that Poco development and support is effectively dead.
Gleason Pace
Frequent Visitor

Postby Kevin Tea » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:37 pm

I'm a pretty patient sort of person but I have to agree that I am seriously looking at alternatives because there has been so little driving Poco forwards especially on IMAP support. I am looking at Thunderbird, it's a ugly little sucker but it works.
Regards
Kevin
800 feet up a Cumbrian fellside
Kevin Tea
Poco Tourist

Postby MonBidoux » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:07 pm

Kevin Tea wrote:I'm a pretty patient sort of person but I have to agree that I am seriously looking at alternatives because there has been so little driving Poco forwards especially on IMAP support. I am looking at Thunderbird, it's a ugly little sucker but it works.

You can always addon some new themes to enhance TB's appearance.

On the other hand, IMAP has it's pros and cons.

A little feature that goes unnoticed is the fact that you can install dictionaries in TB. Something that hasn't been looked after by Poco/Barca for quite a few years. Then again, if you use GMail that problem is non existent.

All around, Poco/Barca are well accomplished programs.
Easy to install and then backup/restore with all user predefined settings. It's fast to load with expedient response time for all it's functions with very little ressource usage. :wink:
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Tomas » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:49 am

MonBidoux wrote:A little feature that goes unnoticed is the fact that you can install dictionaries in TB. Something that hasn't been looked after by Poco/Barca for quite a few years.

additional dictionaries can be downloaded from
http://www.addictivesoftware.com/addict ... extern.htm
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Kevin Tea » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:11 pm

Monbidoux

Some of those themes look as though they have been designed by Stevie Wonder on acid :roll:

I'll be sorry to be moving on from Pocomail but looking on the bright side it's cheaper than divorce!
Regards
Kevin
800 feet up a Cumbrian fellside
Kevin Tea
Poco Tourist

Postby MonBidoux » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:18 pm

Tomas,

Pardon my ignorance and all too fast erroneous response.
(another humbling experience). Glad to have discovered another positive aspect to Barca. 8)

Kevin,

You may want to look at the Whitehart theme which comes in two versions, one for Firefox and the other for Thunderbird. They work fine and are very neutral.
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion