[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Can't dismiss reminders panel so can't access Barca. HELP!

Can't dismiss reminders panel so can't access Barca. HELP!

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Can't dismiss reminders panel so can't access Barca. HELP!

Postby flynt06 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:02 pm

Hi,

I'm using the latest Barca 2.5 and everything has been fine for months. However, this morning when it boots up I get a reminders panel come up with various reminders but I can't do anything with it. I can't snooze or dismiss anything. Any mouse click, anywhere in the screen just gives me that dreaded "DONK" sound. The only way out of Barca is via the task manager and end program option.

I see that I have 5 messages waiting to be read.

What can I do? Will I lose those 5 messages?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

F
flynt06
Frequent Visitor

Can't access Barca. Help!

Postby pairofhearts » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:06 pm

The latest version of Barca is 2.8.0.4400 available here.

www.pocosystems.com

Might want to give this latest build a go.
.........and make yourself a Great Day! Cheers, Lyle
pairofhearts
Resident Poster

Postby Tomas » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:16 pm

To be 100% sure, after you close Barca, do a backup.

If the 5 new messages arrived to In folder and not to any other, it would suffice to search for files in.mbx and in.idb (make sure to configure the search to also include hidden files and directories in search result), and copy them to a safe place.

Then you could try to start Barca again, or update to version 2.8.

If nothing helped send a support request through http://www.pocosystems.com/support/ and append as a file attachment all files you can find in Calendar folder (they'll contain your calendar and planner entries) located in same location as In.mbx file, to have them investigated and fixed if applicable.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby flynt06 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:30 pm

Thanks to Tomas and Pairofhearts for responses. Much appreciated.

I searched the forum and found one topic "Snooze reminders not working correctly" from 2004 that had an entry from noramar that described my problem exactly! He described editing the calandar.dat file. I tried deleting the reminder dates and setting the reminder to zero as he had done but it didn't help. I deleted the entire reminder entries for the offending reminders (searched the dat file in notepad for the text within the reminders) and it now starts ok. No reminders coming up and I have been able to access all of my mail. Phew!

I have also just updated to the latest Barca too.

Hopefully all will be ok now but why it went wrong in the first place I don't know!
flynt06
Frequent Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To