[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Problem with latest update

Problem with latest update

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Problem with latest update

Postby paulheu » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:48 am

Just got the new update and found a rather annoying issue. I can no longer que mailchecks using the 'check' icon. The dropdown is disabled as long as a mailfetch from the previous selected server is active..

Running windows7beta, but it was fine with previous version..
There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
paulheu
Frequent Visitor

Postby chrisretusn » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:45 am

Just checked, you are correct.

You used to be able to use the drop down to check an individual account while a message check was in progress. Now the drop down is not available while a message check is in progress.

That feature came in handy every now and then.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Tomas » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:54 am

Yes, that's since version 4.8.

I have reported it during beta testing but no one else seemed to mind about it, thus it was probably assigned low priority.
I have since learned to live without it.

But in Barca you now have a feature that can be used for similar needs, the accounts pane and its check buttons next to each account.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby chrisretusn » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:33 pm

Tomas wrote:But in Barca you now have a feature that can be used for similar needs, the accounts pane and its check buttons next to each account.

That sounds useful and sounds like it should be part of PocoMail since it has to do with accounts which is an e-mail function not a calendar function.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby paulheu » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:57 pm

I find that to be a hassle to be honest, simply hitting a dropdown menu and selecting the server to checkis way more intuitive IMO..

Looks nice on a productinfo sheet but in the real world it's eye candy making for more actions to to the same simple thing..

A step back if you ask me..
There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
paulheu
Frequent Visitor

Postby Tomas » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:17 pm

I agree that dropdown is much more intuitive.

(Btw. the accounts pane was not meant as a replacement of the dropdown.)

It's on the bugs list, I hope as well that it will get fixed.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby paulheu » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:56 pm

good to know.. I just hope it won't wait untill a next release in what, 2 years again..;)
paulheu
Frequent Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To