[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Clear everything and start over?

Clear everything and start over?

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Clear everything and start over?

Postby drjamie03 » Thu May 14, 2009 7:55 am

I've been having lots of problems with Barca for a while now and would like to just start over! But I need to import one specific mailbox. I know there's a way to do that but I'm not sure how to do so without importing the data from the entire installation, which would defeat the purpose.
Jamie P
drjamie03
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Thu May 14, 2009 4:07 pm

Just put that mailbox inside Barca's Mail directory. 8)
Be sure to close Barca first.
Eric

Postby drjamie03 » Sat May 16, 2009 6:08 am

Just the .mbx file or others too?
Jamie P
drjamie03
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Sat May 16, 2009 6:53 am

drjamie03 wrote:Just the .mbx file or others too?
What others :?:
Only the mbx file is needed. :wink:
Eric

Postby drjamie03 » Sun May 17, 2009 6:06 am

OK. Would there be any value to deleting the stuff related to junk mail filtering and readding it? I'm finding it confusing to figure out which folders to delete (since I have an installation folder, a roaming folder, and a backup folder and have gotten it wrong in the past, resulting in all kinds of mischief and mayhem!) so if I can just figure out the junk mail problem, that might be simpler. I just got a new computer and am trying to avoid the issue I had with the last one...having zillions of barca installations and backups and not knowing which was which. What is the easiest way to fix the junk mail issue (Barca marking many good emails as junk, there not being any text in those junk mails that were incorrectly identified, and mail being sent to the junk mail folder even after I set up everything to NOT filter for junk mail).
Jamie P
drjamie03
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Mon May 18, 2009 6:48 am

drjamie03 wrote:OK. Would there be any value to deleting the stuff related to junk mail filtering and readding it?
Since everything is stored inside your DBGood.ini and DBSpam.ini, I don't think it's needed to keep those.
You'll find those files inside your Mail directory, so you'll be able to copy those elsewhere. :)
I'm finding it confusing to figure out which folders to delete (since I have an installation folder, a roaming folder, and a backup folder and have gotten it wrong in the past, resulting in all kinds of mischief and mayhem!)
Seems to be complicated with all those installations. :shock:
Keep it simple, so you won't get into trouble again.
What is the easiest way to fix the junk mail issue (Barca marking many good emails as junk, there not being any text in those junk mails that were incorrectly identified, and mail being sent to the junk mail folder even after I set up everything to NOT
filter for junk mail).
Apart from those files already mentioned, you'll find some other txt-files inside that directory.
You'll need those in your fresh installation.

Hope that helps. ;)
Eric

Postby drjamie03 » Mon May 18, 2009 7:36 am

Thanks, Eric. I don't have extra installations...in Vista, as far as I know, it installs Barca in the roaming folder for the network (was the recommended location when I installed), there are other Barca files under program files, and then backup files on my external hard drive. That's just the way it works with Vista, isn't it?
Jamie P
drjamie03
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Mon May 18, 2009 7:56 am

drjamie03 wrote:That's just the way it works with Vista, isn't it?
Sorry, misunderstood it. :oops:

You're right, that's the way it works in Vista.
However my Barca Pro data is located on my D: partition.
You could also use the Startin command, so you can move everything over to another location.
More information inside the Help file. 8)

My backup is also on my D: partition, although once a week all is imaged to my external drive.

To each his own way of achieving the same. ;)
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To