[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Auto-Marking messages after reply

Auto-Marking messages after reply

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Auto-Marking messages after reply

Postby Shark » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:32 am

Hi!

Is there a way that an email is marked in a different color after I've send a reply to it?

thanks in advance!
Shark
Poco Tourist

Re: Auto-Marking messages after reply

Postby Eric » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:00 am

Shark wrote:Is there a way that an email is marked in a different color after I've send a reply to it?
You could create an Outgoing filter for it or a Post-Send filter for that person.

:!: Just make sure the marking is used first, prior to moving it to its destination folder.
Eric

Postby Shark » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:55 am

I don't mean for a specific person.

Assuming I get 10 new emails. If I answer 3 I wand these 3 to become green, so the next time I load Barca I can clearly see that I've answered them and have 7 to go (which are not colored).
Shark
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:57 am

Shark wrote:I don't mean for a specific person.

Assuming I get 10 new emails. If I answer 3 I wand these 3 to become green, so the next time I load Barca I can clearly see that I've answered them and have 7 to go (which are not colored).
Sorry, misunderstood your question. :oops:

So you want your incoming mail to be marked once replied to.
You could easily mark it manually or you could leave it unread.

ex. In the Index pane you see the info column, next to the envelope column.
Click on the column next to your message to add the marking.

Else the method described above or you could use the Alt+number as you'll find in Tools > Options > Reading Mail > Marking messages. 8)

Do have a look at Getting Things Done with Pocomail - sample setup too.

Perhaps a script could do it automatically although I'm not sure about that.

Hope it helps anyway. ;)
Eric

Postby Shark » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:37 am

Yes, I'm marking it manually so far (clicking Alt + 1) all the time and I thought some day ago how much time I could spare if a script could do it automatically for me. Searched on the forum, but found nothing.

I mean I see if the message has been replied to in the envelope column, as an icon, I just want it to be displayed more visible, the whole line is green.

I've tried creating a filter that searches for X-Poco-Status: RW and then marks the message green. It works, but I have to launch the filter manually, I have to idea how to set it up that it launches after I've replied to an email.

Tried creating an OnReply event, but it does not work.
Shark
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:21 am

Shark wrote:Yes, I'm marking it manually so far (clicking Alt + 1) all the time and I thought some day ago how much time I could spare if a script could do it automatically for me. Searched on the forum, but found nothing.
Thought as much.
If not found, you can create another topic with reference to this one, so someone can reply to your request whether it' possible or not.
Perhaps someone already has a script which does exactly what you want. :)
I mean I see if the message has been replied to in the envelope column, as an icon, I just want it to be displayed more visible, the whole line is green.
Could be displayed inside the short header too. Not the icon, but the X-Poco-Status. I do the same for the X-Mailer. :D
Or you could use the Quick Search (Focus) to display only those messages.
I've tried creating a filter that searches for X-Poco-Status: RW and then marks the message green. It works, but I have to launch the filter manually, I have to idea how to set it up that it launches after I've replied to an email.
No clue either how it can change the original message to green. Can be applied on the message sent though.
Tried creating an OnReply event, but it does not work.
Won't work AFAIK, already tried it here. :?

Hope someone can help you find what you're looking for. ;)
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To