[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - weird problem...

weird problem...

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

weird problem...

Postby jeffp6155 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:52 am

Hi, over the weekend I reinstalled Vista, then I downloaded a new copy of Barca and exported my backed up Barca files which had been burned on data DVD. On the surface it appeared fine - my contacts and mailboxes were back in place. The problem is that I can't send or receive messages. (the correct pop and smtp server info is in the program.). Worse, when I check email, not only can't I download messages but those messages are lost - they're not saved on the server. For the moment I'm using Thunderbird but I don't particularly care for it, I'd like to be able to continue to use Pocomail/Barca. Has anyone else ever had a problem like this and is there a fix?
Thanks,
Jeff
jeffp6155
New Arrival

Re: weird problem...

Postby Eric » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:15 am

Hi Jeff & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
jeffp6155 wrote:Hi, over the weekend I reinstalled Vista, then I downloaded a new copy of Barca and exported my backed up Barca files which had been burned on data DVD.
:!: If you burned your backup to a DVD and afterwards restored them, then those files will be marked Read Only.

Verify your folders and uncheck the attribute Read Only.

If you burn your data to a CD/DVD, make sure to put them inside a zip file, so you'll avoid that Read Only problem.

Hope that solves the problem you're having. ;)
Eric

half way there..

Postby jeffp6155 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:18 am

thanks - what you're saying makes sense.
i can now send but not receive, and email is kept on the server...
so there's hope.

Jeff
jeffp6155
New Arrival

Re: half way there..

Postby Eric » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:42 pm

jeffp6155 wrote:thanks - what you're saying makes sense.
You're welcome Jeff. ;)
so there's hope.
Does Barca give an error when receiving mail :?:
Press F12 to see the log.
Else check your account settings.
Could be something has changed. :?

As before make sure non of your MBX files are marked Read Only.
Eric

Postby jeffp6155 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:01 am

Eric wrote:
jeffp6155 wrote:thanks - what you're saying makes sense.
You're welcome Jeff. ;)
so there's hope.
Does Barca give an error when receiving mail :?:
Press F12 to see the log.
Else check your account settings.
Could be something has changed. :?

As before make sure non of your MBX files are marked Read Only.

Hi, my MBX files are un ticked - not Read Only...
Here's the error message:

Checking mail for jeff ....
*Logging into pop-server.XXX.XX.XX POP server as user XXX
*1 message waiting on server;
*Could not save message 1 to folder "In".
*Message 1 left on server.
*No messages deleted, 1 message left on server;
*Logging off....

Thanks....
jeffp6155
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:04 am

jeffp6155 wrote:Hi, my MBX files are un ticked - not Read Only...
Good to hear. :D

Seems like that In folder is either locked or corrupt.

:idea: Try the following:
1. Close Barca
2. Locate the In.mbx and other related files such as In.idb and others.
3. Move those to another location.
4. Restart Barca and try again.

Your In folder will be recreated once you restart.

Let me know what it gives. ;)
Eric

Postby jeffp6155 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:51 am

Eric wrote:
jeffp6155 wrote:Hi, my MBX files are un ticked - not Read Only...
Good to hear. :D

Seems like that In folder is either locked or corrupt.

:idea: Try the following:
1. Close Barca
2. Locate the In.mbx and other related files such as In.idb and others.
3. Move those to another location.
4. Restart Barca and try again.

Your In folder will be recreated once you restart.

Let me know what it gives. ;)

Thanks, no that doesn't resolve the issue. I moved these folders to a "C" location rather than a "documents" folder. Same problem.

I'm going to start from scratch uninstalling the program as well as the backup files.

I've tried uninstalling the program and then reinstalling the program into a different location but it automatically find the MBX files and loads presenting the same problem.

Oddly all of the MBX files from all mail folders, etc., reside in a document subfolder named "floppy." (They're not read only.)

Are there registry entries that I should remove to get rid of all instances of Barca prior to my starting this process again from scratch?

Thanks,
Jeff
jeffp6155
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:09 am

jeffp6155 wrote:Thanks, no that doesn't resolve the issue. I moved these folders to a "C" location rather than a "documents" folder. Same problem.
Pity it didn't work. :?
I'm going to start from scratch uninstalling the program as well as the backup files.
I guess that's the best thing you can do.
I've tried uninstalling the program and then reinstalling the program into a different location but it automatically find the MBX files and loads presenting the same problem.
Do a clean install with no import of previous data.
Oddly all of the MBX files from all mail folders, etc., reside in a document subfolder named "floppy." (They're not read only.)
That shouldn't be a problem.
When performing a clean install, you can import from a previous installation or you can point at it from within the new install.
Don't uninstall your previous version, since you'll need that one or you could import your backup from your prevous version.
When done with your new install, just delete the previous installation folder.
Are there registry entries that I should remove to get rid of all instances of Barca prior to my starting this process again from scratch?
A good registry cleaner should take care of that.
Barca almost writes nothing to your registry. :)

I hope it will work this time. Fingers crossed. ;)
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To