[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Barca 2.8 - Report on Address stopped working

Barca 2.8 - Report on Address stopped working

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Barca 2.8 - Report on Address stopped working

Postby Gert750 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:00 pm

When you right-click an email address and select "Report on Address" you see in which address books this address is listed. Also, you can remove (or add) the address from an address book.

In previous Barca versions this worked fine. Now, with Barca 2.8 it doesn't work anymore - you can not add/remove the address anymore.

I have several poco scripts that add email addresses to certain address books and these still work fine - so my address books are OK (not read-only).

Is this feature still working for you?
Gert750
Poco Tourist

Postby Cloudy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:28 pm

It seems like it's working, but it's not.

You get a window that the address is present or not present in the address book.

I tried adding one to a group and the book but it doesn't seem to work. The window closes after clicking on the group you want the address added to but it's not actually added.
Barca Pro 2.8 | PocoMail 4.8 | myInfoToGo 2.1

"Imagination is more important then knowledge" --Albert Einstein
Cloudy
Frequent Visitor

Postby Gert750 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:45 pm

Thanks for confirming. I will email support about this.

Gert
Gert750
Poco Tourist

Postby Cloudy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:53 pm

Gert750 wrote:Thanks for confirming. I will email support about this.

Gert

n/p

I didn't even know this feature existed so I learned something new (now just wait for it to get fixed so I can actually start to use it :lol: )

Cloudy
Frequent Visitor

Postby Gert750 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:03 pm

This feature is one of the things I use *a lot* in Barca/Poco. I add email addresses to the "customers" address list.

When a new email arrives, I have a script that automatically moves the email to an email-address folder. That way, I can easily see all previous correspondence I had with this customer.

After being a poco customer for years, I still find new features in this great product! I am just sad this particular feature is broken now, I really hope this can get fixed in a maintenance release.
Gert750
Poco Tourist

Postby Cloudy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:47 am

Gert750 wrote:When a new email arrives, I have a script that automatically moves the email to an email-address folder. That way, I can easily see all previous correspondence I had with this customer.

What script is that ?

As I understand it this script makes a "sub inbox" for every new sender (by the name of the sender) and puts all mails of that sender into that inbox ?

Sound interesting.

Cloudy
Frequent Visitor

Postby Gert750 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:56 am

I made this script myself and let it run on all incoming and outgoing messages with a filter.

It looks up the "from" in my customers addressbook (or "to" for outgoing messages) and if found it stores the messages in folder

\customers\[f]\domain

where [f] is the first letter of the domain name of this customer. For example, messages from and to johndoe@blabla.com are stored in

\customers\b\blabla

Obviously, for gmail accounts it is not that useful, but most of my customers have real (unique) domains.

If you want, I can post the script in the scripts forum tomorrow.
Gert750
Poco Tourist

Postby Cloudy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:02 am

Gert750 wrote:
If you want, I can post the script in the scripts forum tomorrow.

That would be great, maybe some others will find it usefull aswell.

Cloudy
Frequent Visitor

Postby Gert750 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:20 am

I searched a bit and see I already posted the 2 scripts:
http://www.pocosystems.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1546

One is for incoming messages, the other for outgoing messages.
They also work if you select a bunch of messages in your inbox and
"tools -> any script run on selected -> scriptname"

Gert
Gert750
Poco Tourist

Postby Cloudy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:38 am

Thanks, I'll have a look.

Cloudy
Frequent Visitor

Postby Tomas » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:55 am

Thank you Gert for reporting it. It's already on the list, I believe it might have been introduced with 2.8 version (not quite sure why, can't think of any changes made in that and related functionality), at least I'm aware of it since 2.8.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Gert750 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:30 pm

Hello Tomas,

In the last years Poco didn't release quick maintenance releases, we always had to wait for major releases - and these take time (2.5 - 2.8, was it 2 years?). I really hope Poco will release a 2.8.1 version soon to address this and other (I guess) issues.

At the moment I am editing customers.ini with ultraedit to maintain my customer list. I am *not* enjoying it ;-)

Gert
Gert750
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:27 pm

I can't promise anything but I have a list of the problems introduced with 2.8 plus several other minor problems, and will talk to Slaven about it soon.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby chrisretusn » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:55 pm

WOW, another reason to like PocoMail/Barca. I never really noticed "Report on Address", now that I have I can see it's usefulness.

When it was working as before did it stay open so you could do more than one operation?
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Gert750 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:58 pm

No, the window closes after your action. Personally I like it that way.
Gert750
Poco Tourist

Next

Return to Barca Help and How-To