[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Events setup

Events setup

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Events setup

Postby Cloudy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:11 am

I'm trying to setup an event but it doesn't seem to be willing to work.

The idea is that when I set a message to "Follow-Up" is will be moved to a special "Follow-Up" folder so it's easier to find.

Now I know it's easy to move it manually to that folder but I'm trying to learn the working of the software and automating this is easier.

Now I've set 2 events. 1 on startup and 1 timed (every 5 minutes) I've set it to search for "marked as follow up" and then move it to the selected folder. (the target is set to IN and all subfolders.

now as I understand the filter should be ran on startup and if it finds a message it moves it to the folder and it's ran every 5 minutes as long as the program is running.

Now I've set a test email to "follow up" and waited for something to happen but nothing happened. I also added a textbox that should popup with a message that the mail is moved to "follow up" but nothing seems to happen the email is not moved.

so what am I doing wrong ?
I can post some screenshots if needed (don't have time for that now but if needed I can post them later).
Barca Pro 2.8 | PocoMail 4.8 | myInfoToGo 2.1

"Imagination is more important then knowledge" --Albert Einstein
Cloudy
Frequent Visitor

Postby Cloudy » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:13 am

Well here are some screenshots :

This is how the filter is setup :

This seems to work well when I select ALL messages and run the filter on the selected messages but it doesn't work as event.

Next is the event setup :

So as far as I can see it should work.

Cloudy
Frequent Visitor

Postby chrisretusn » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:19 pm

I set up an event like yours and had the same results; nothing.

In addition to using "Run the following filters:" I used "Run this filter.", creating a filter to do the same thing. Still did not work.

I agree it seems that it should work.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Cloudy » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:55 pm

chrisretusn wrote:I set up an event like yours and had the same results; nothing.

In addition to using "Run the following filters:" I used "Run this filter.", creating a filter to do the same thing. Still did not work.

I agree it seems that it should work.

Yes, I also tried "Run this filter" I actually tried it before trying to use "run the following filters" but that also didn't work.

Cloudy
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:47 am

How to run filters at shutdown or startup?
In short, it won't work. :?

Sorry. ;)
Last edited by Eric on Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Postby chrisretusn » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:17 am

I forgot about that thread. :oops:

If timed events are not supposed to work with filters, they should remove that option from Timed Events or any other event that does support filters.

It would; however, be nice if Timed Events did work with filters. Especially if run against a specific folder or subfolders. The default would be to act on all messages in that/those folders.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Return to Barca Help and How-To