[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Firefox - Send Link or is it Barca2 Mailto Problem

Firefox - Send Link or is it Barca2 Mailto Problem

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Firefox - Send Link or is it Barca2 Mailto Problem

Postby adenufovoutlook » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:53 am

New User here and greetings 2 u all.

Been reading about this MAIL TO problem n don't know if this has been mentioned previously
Tried SEND LINK in Firefox. It creates a new message with link with MAILTO as part of the link text. If I then try to send email it says CANNOT ATTACH FILE if the file is curently open close and try again.

However if If I then press view attachment it creates new email which appears to contain the correct link text and i can then send email with link in it.

Have been keeping an eye on this program 4 a few years now and finally plucked up the courage 2 part with my money£££

I'm sure I wont be disappointed.

I will be b if I keep posting in the wrong forums
adenufovoutlook
New Arrival

Re: Firefox - Send Link or is it Barca2 Mailto Problem

Postby Eric » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:13 am

adenufovoutlook wrote:New User here and greetings 2 u all.
Welcome to Poco Forums adenufovoutlook :)
Been reading about this MAIL TO problem n don't know if this has been mentioned previously
Tried SEND LINK in Firefox. It creates a new message with link with MAILTO as part of the link text. If I then try to send email it says CANNOT ATTACH FILE if the file is curently open close and try again.
Are you using Vista by any chance?
See MAILTO fix (setting Pocomail/Barca as default email program)
However if If I then press view attachment it creates new email which appears to contain the correct link text and i can then send email with link in it.
Could it be your Mailto command was mixed up?
It could happen if you install, reinstall browsers or other email clients. :?
Have been keeping an eye on this program 4 a few years now and finally plucked up the courage 2 part with my money£££
Hope you'll like it as much as I do.
Keep exploring the possibilities. 8)
I will be b if I keep posting in the wrong forums
No problem, already moved it to the right location. ;)
Eric

Re: Firefox - Send Link or is it Barca2 Mailto Problem

Postby adenufovoutlook » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:58 pm

Thanks for the welcome Eric.
I had read about the MAIL TO.. problems and tried them but hadn't worked 4me yet.
I am using XP Pro with all SP's and relevant updates installed.
However on re-trying my own instructions I have found that i should have written "open" attachment NOT "view" attachment after the creation of new message from "send link to..."

Currently working on moving data from outlook and then will b free of MS..

Still not disappointed..
adenufovoutlook
New Arrival

Return to Barca Help and How-To