[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - ÿþ< I get this in some replys

ÿþ< I get this in some replys

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

ÿþ< I get this in some replys

Postby ianw » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:37 am

Hi,
I use MailWasher, I get the problem below in it so I'm wondering if the problem lies elsewhere, my ISP, the senders ISP etc.

This is exactly what I get in some emails, I deleted my email and the senders email address and the "Headers / Forward / Reply etc on the right side of the email.

-------------------------------------------
Senders name <senders email address> Add Add To

To:
my name <my email address> Add Add To

ÿþ<

-----------------------------------------------------

Yes, I get that " ÿþ< " in the message are of some the emails.

I'm using the latest version of Pocomail.
Vista x32
Netgear external modem.

I've been getting it in some emails for a few months .
I uninstalled Pocomail and re-installed it. I have all the installed files in Users\my folder\Appdata\Roaming\Pocomail\
saved to another hard drive that I copied back into the relevant folders in C:.
Did not work.

I uninstalled again, re-installed, this time I only restored the

email
Attach
skins and
users folders.

All was OK for a week or two then it came back today.

I have a program that makes an image of whatever partition or drive of my choice. I had one made of my C: so I wiped C: and restored windows. This was a week or so ago.

Whatever it is has returned.

I am totally lost on this one, I just don't understand it.
Can anyone help please.

Thanks
Ian
ianw

Postby ianw » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:29 am

A friend told me this may be the cause =

-----------------------
"It's got to do with incorrect character encodings. (e.g. Some unicode when DOS ASCII is expected)

The program just throws up "ÿþ" (the hex codes 0xFF and 0xFE) because it can't display the text.

I am not familiar with Pocomail, but see if there are any encoding settings within the program. (e.g. try changing to 8 bit if it's 7 bit or vice versa) "
----------------------------

I went into the encoding option, and it was set to ISO-8859-1

I changed it to us-ascii

As we say here " I havent a baldy of what I'm doing", that is,
I don't know what I'm doing. :)

Is there anything to this, have I chosen the correct encoding thingie.

Thanks.
ianw

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To