[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - POCOMAIL 4.8 - deletes some messages instead of downloading

POCOMAIL 4.8 - deletes some messages instead of downloading

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

POCOMAIL 4.8 - deletes some messages instead of downloading

Postby 1koolcat » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:43 am

Hello,

I'm wondering if I am the only person to have this issue with POCO Mail:

Email replies from ads I post on CRAIGSLIST.ORG are received by my ISP and I can view them easily in a webmail browser. Once I download my messages using POCO Mail, these (and I believe only the CRAIGSLIST messages) are not downloaded to the client AND are deleted from the server. The missing messages are NOT found in either the webmail trash folder or the POCO Mail trash.

My work around has been to include my phone number in some of my ads or be hyper-vigilant about reading all my mail in the web browser window first before downloading them to POCO Mail. (I did this today and saw a reply to my ad, only to lose the person's contact info when I opened up POCO Mail 2 minutes later without thinking about the consequences.)

BTW, I have the option "Leave mail on server" checked in case I want to refer back to an old message when I am away from home.

Thanks for your help.
"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field."

- - Niels Bohr, physicist (1885-1962)
1koolcat
New Arrival

Re: POCOMAIL 4.8 - deletes some messages instead of download

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:15 am

Hi 1koolcat,
1koolcat wrote:I'm wondering if I am the only person to have this issue with POCO Mail:
Never experienced it, but it's possible others have had it.
Email replies from ads I post on CRAIGSLIST.ORG are received by my ISP and I can view them easily in a webmail browser. Once I download my messages using POCO Mail, these (and I believe only the CRAIGSLIST messages) are not downloaded to the client AND are deleted from the server. The missing messages are NOT found in either the webmail trash folder or the POCO Mail trash.
Any spam filter active, whether from your ISP or local :?:
Else check your filters inside Poco, as well as blacklists.
If your antivirus also includes a spam filter, check it out to see if those messages aren't marked to delete.
If it is, exclude that domain, if possible.

FWIW My ISP provides a spam filter, but if active, it removes all messages from the server marked as spam. I've lost some valuable messages due to that. :(
Until now I've de-activated that spam filter.

Hope you'll find out what's wrong, so keep me informed. ;)
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To