[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Export mails etc. to Outlook

Export mails etc. to Outlook

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Export mails etc. to Outlook

Postby Victor Dewsbery » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:49 pm

I have finally decided to move all my mails over from Barca 2.8.0.4400 to MS Outlook 2007.
(This is due to a number of problems including HTML handling, clumsy and complicated syncing between desktop and laptop, no prospects of mobile phone syncing etc.)
How can I get my mails, addresses etc. to move?
I have many folders and sub-folders, and I have a number of pending jobs that I will have to send back to clients as replies to their e-mails.

Please don't tell me that I have to manually change/export every single folder.
Victor Dewsbery
Berlin, Germany
Victor Dewsbery
Poco Tourist

Re: Export mails etc. to Outlook

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:03 am

Victor Dewsbery wrote:I have finally decided to move all my mails over from Barca 2.8.0.4400 to MS Outlook 2007.
(This is due to a number of problems including HTML handling, clumsy and complicated syncing between desktop and laptop, no prospects of mobile phone syncing etc.)
Sorry to hear about that. :?
How can I get my mails, addresses etc. to move?
Have a look at Exporting PocoMail.
Please don't tell me that I have to manually change/export every single folder.
Unfortunately, you'll have to recreate the structure into Outlook and move those messages to the right folder.
Also filters can't be exported, nor can it be done in other email programs. You'll have to recreate it from scratch.

Hope that helps anyway & good luck with it. ;)
Eric

Postby Victor Dewsbery » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:26 am

Eric wrote:Have a look at Exporting PocoMail.

I did, and I am still confused.
What format should I use to export the mailboxes?
Can I export them in Eudora format, even though I don't have Eudora? Or is there a better format to use?

Eric wrote:Unfortunately, you'll have to recreate the structure into Outlook and move those messages to the right folder.

I can handle recreating the folder structure, but how do I "move those messages"? (i.e. from where?)
Victor Dewsbery
Berlin, Germany
Victor Dewsbery
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:33 am

Victor Dewsbery wrote:I did, and I am still confused.
Shouldn't be too difficult.
What format should I use to export the mailboxes?
Can I export them in Eudora format, even though I don't have Eudora? Or is there a better format to use?
You can export your folders in the formats shown in File > Export > Folder.

Or you could export your messages as EML. Next drag & drop them into Outlook Express/Windows Mail.
Afterwards import from OE or WM. :)
I can handle recreating the folder structure, but how do I "move those messages"? (i.e. from where?)
You can create rules to move those messages from your InBox. By creating those rules you can select to move all corresponding messages to its location.
There's a possibility to export your filters to a txt-file, so you can recreate those rules easily, although I did it with SnagIt, so that's not free.

It's not ideal, but migrating never is. :?
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To