[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Updating Pocomail to a new drive

Updating Pocomail to a new drive

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Postby Dahzee » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:49 pm

Dear Forum,

I am looking to update Pocomail, but because of a motherboard failure on my old computer I now have Pocomail on a slave drive in my new PC.

My question is if I upgrade, can I load the latest version on my C drive and also bring over all my old settings, accounts and mail from the other drive?

Thanks in advance

Dahzee
Dahzee
Drop-in Visitor

Postby luxor » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:34 am

Yes you can.

See This thread
luxor
Resident Poster

Postby Dahzee » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:45 am

Luxor,

Thanks for prompt reply and advice, it seems relatively straightforward.

I will be back again if I get stuck!

Regards

Dahzee
Dahzee
Drop-in Visitor

Postby luxor » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:54 am

No problem. :D
luxor
Resident Poster

Postby ambrea » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:11 pm

I already tried this and would say that this really works.Thanks for the information you have shared.
ambrea
New Arrival

Postby Dahzee » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:39 pm

Ambrea,

Which option of the 3 did you use?

Regards

Dahzee
Dahzee
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Dahzee » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:32 pm

I have updated to the latest version as a fresh install to my C: drive as my original post and everything seems to work OK.

But I seem to have far fewer files in my new install than in my previous version and my attachments folder is still in the original location.

The point of this exercise apart from updating to the latest version was to get the program off my slave drive and onto C:.

I am concerned that Pocomail is now spanning two drives, with half the program on the C: drive and the other half on my slave.

How can I rectify this situation so everything is in the new location (even if it is a copy) and NOT referencing any of my old data?

Thanks in advance

Dahzee
Dahzee
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Updating Pocomail to a new drive

Postby Eric » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:05 am

Dahzee wrote:How can I rectify this situation so everything is in the new location (even if it is a copy) and NOT referencing any of my old data?
Set it up in Tools > Options > Directories, so it points to the new locations.

You can eventually copy files/folders from a previous installation to your new one, or you could use the start-in command. Just make sure Poco's closed before doing so. :)
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To