[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Windows 7 and POCO

Windows 7 and POCO

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Windows 7 and POCO

Postby airlink » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:52 pm

I am trying to load my email settings into Poco on my new desktop which has Windows 7 installed. I have used the exact settings for my 2 email accounts as were working OK in my laptop but none work in the desktop. Would appreciate any advice/suggestions please.
airlink
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:09 am

Copy the accounts.ini file from your laptop to your desktop, so no errors can be introduced. :)

If it still doesn't work, it could be your firewall is blocking the connection. Or something else. :?
Eric

Postby airlink » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:51 pm

Thanks, got the settings loaded ok and sending and receiving OK but now noticed that when I create email and type in address curser will not go to "subject" so cannot put subject in. Any idea why and how to resolve please.
airlink
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:54 am

airlink wrote:Thanks, got the settings loaded ok and sending and receiving OK
You're welcome. ;)
but now noticed that when I create email and type in address curser will not go to "subject" so cannot put subject in. Any idea why and how to resolve please.
See Loss of "Subject" Line functionality.

Let me know how it goes. ;)
Eric

Postby airlink » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:42 am

Eric wrote:See Loss of "Subject" Line functionality.

Let me know how it goes.
Sorry to be so 'dim' but how do I find poco.ini file ?
airlink
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:06 am

airlink wrote:Sorry to be so 'dim' but how do I find poco.ini file ?
You'll find that file inside your installation directory.
However since I don't have Win 7, I'm not sure where it's located.
You can always use the Search to find it. :)
Eric

Postby airlink » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:00 pm

:( Unfortunately can't find it. Think its useful to be an I/T expert to handle both Barca and Poco which is what I certainly am not. I am weary of niggling things with the programmes and regretfully I have not uninstalled both and am using Zimbra to good effect.
airlink
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:52 am

airlink wrote::( Unfortunately can't find it. Think its useful to be an I/T expert to handle both Barca and Poco which is what I certainly am not. I am weary of niggling things with the programmes and regretfully I have not uninstalled both and am using Zimbra to good effect.
In Explorer change the settings to also show hidden files.
In Vista it's located at C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Pocomail.

Hope you'll find it now, if not give a call. ;)
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To