[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Start Offline

Start Offline

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Start Offline

Postby danielv73 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:49 pm

Hi Forum,

Is there a way to start Pocomail in the offline mode, regardless of what mode it was in for the last time I used it? Maybe a command line option? In Courier we had /DONTCHECKMAIL.

Thanks, Dan
danielv73
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:09 am

Hi Dan,

Go to File and uncheck Online operation.
Or press Shift+CTRL+F12, or press the icon on the toolbar to go offline. :D
Last edited by Eric on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eric

*Start* Offline

Postby danielv73 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:30 am

Hi Eric and everyone,

That's how to switch to offline mode after Pocomail has been started. Can I *START* it in offline mode, so it will not do my email checks at startup or any timed checks until I switch it back online. This is what I did in Courier with the /DONTCHECKMAIL command line option.

I could not find a similar command line option for Pocomail. Could this perhaps be done with a script file using the /r command line option? Is there a script command to put it into offline mode? Or would it check my mail anyway before it ran the script?

Thanks, Dan
danielv73
New Arrival

Re: *Start* Offline

Postby Eric » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:54 am

danielv73 wrote:That's how to switch to offline mode after Pocomail has been started. Can I *START* it in offline mode, so it will not do my email checks at startup or any timed checks until I switch it back online. This is what I did in Courier with the /DONTCHECKMAIL command line option.
You can put it in offline mode by applying the above. Restarting Poco will still be offline.

AFAIK there isn't an offline parameter you can use.
Scripts can only be used while Poco is running, not before. :?

When in offline mode no mail will be automatically checked.

Hope that helps anyway. ;)
Eric

Still Check

Postby danielv73 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:43 am

Although that's not what I was asking for, even that doesn't work as advertised. I put it in offline mode, exit the program, start it again, and it automatically checks the mail at startup even though it says it is offline. What am I doing wrong? Please make it stop!
danielv73
New Arrival

Re: Still Check

Postby Eric » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:01 pm

danielv73 wrote:Although that's not what I was asking for, even that doesn't work as advertised. I put it in offline mode, exit the program, start it again, and it automatically checks the mail at startup even though it says it is offline. What am I doing wrong? Please make it stop!
:!: It does work as advertised, but I guess 'Check mail on startup' is checked under Tools > Options > Startup Options.
Eric

Postby tonnelier » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:20 am

Eric wrote:
danielv73 wrote:Although that's not what I was asking for, even that doesn't work as advertised. I put it in offline mode, exit the program, start it again, and it automatically checks the mail at startup even though it says it is offline. What am I doing wrong? Please make it stop!
:!: It does work as advertised, but I guess 'Check mail on startup' is checked under Tools > Options > Startup Options.

I have the impression that Poco simply doesn't do what danielv73 is looking for, or at least not in the same manner as Courier.

"Offline" is permanently set and "Check mail on start up" is unchecked. I've just made a test and PM nonetheless checks for mail on opening, which is kept offline until I decide which messages to download into the In folder, or permanently delete from the server. Only after this first offline sorting do I click "check" on the menu bar which downloads the selected messages into the appropriate folder(s).
tonnelier
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:55 am

tonnelier wrote:"Offline" is permanently set and "Check mail on start up" is unchecked. I've just made a test and PM nonetheless checks for mail on opening, which is kept offline until I decide which messages to download into the In folder, or permanently delete from the server. Only after this first offline sorting do I click "check" on the menu bar which downloads the selected messages into the appropriate folder(s).
It seems to be different here with Barca Pro. :shock:
No mail is checked on startup, only program updates.
Can't test it with Poco, but it should be the same.
No IMAP, only POP3.
Eric

Postby tonnelier » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:47 am

Eric wrote:It seems to be different here with Barca Pro. :shock:
No mail is checked on startup, only program updates.
Can't test it with Poco, but it should be the same.
No IMAP, only POP3.
Strange - I'm running PM 4.5 and settings are definitely as described in previous posting, i.e. PM displays messages which on the server when I open PM.
tonnelier
Frequent Visitor

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To