[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - html display problems

html display problems

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

html display problems

Postby cammywammy » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:21 pm

Hi, I started having this problem a couple weeks ago and it didn't go away with the upgrade to 4.5. When I get an html email, I see all the tags, which makes it really hard to read. Here's a sample:

Code: Select all
<div dir="ltr">Hey friends,<br>Sorry for a somewhat informal email, but really I need some feedback.&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>Since you are a good friend of mine, I would like to know your opinion.&nbsp; <br>My friend Miles and I are in the process of setting up a new website/blog about <b>beer</b>. <br>
&nbsp;The original name I was shooting for is too similar to one that already exists. <br>&nbsp;If it's not too much trouble, could you rate your top five or ten favorites from <b>1 to 10 (1 being your favorite)</b> .&nbsp; <br>

When I reply to such a message, the quoted text is fine, with no tags. I tried hitting the "ignore/sanitize email" buttons to no avail. Any other ideas what might be causing this? Thanks.

~ Added code tags ... Eric ~
cammywammy
Drop-in Visitor

Re: html display problems

Postby Eric » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:49 pm

cammywammy wrote:When I reply to such a message, the quoted text is fine, with no tags. I tried hitting the "ignore/sanitize email" buttons to no avail. Any other ideas what might be causing this?
Seems to me it's either an incorrect use of HTML or the problem originates at the source. :?

See also: Problems with viewing messages from Yahoo Groups.

Not sure if it's the same problem you're experiencing :?:
Eric

Postby cammywammy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:29 am

Thanks for the reply. I looked at that post before posting and it's not quite the same thing. Also, I tried the "reply" trick on a new badly formatted html email last night and it didn't even work. So maybe strike the whole, "looks fine when quoted" part of my explanation.
cammywammy
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:18 am

cammywammy wrote:Thanks for the reply.
My pleasure cammywammy ;)
I looked at that post before posting and it's not quite the same thing. Also, I tried the "reply" trick on a new badly formatted html email last night and it didn't even work. So maybe strike the whole, "looks fine when quoted" part of my explanation.
If you do have the chance to save that message or several from your server, you could send those as an attachment to Support for further investigation or you could use the online support form.

Hope they'll be able to help you further to find/fix the problem. :)
Eric

Postby Tomas » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:55 am

Yes, please, save message as .eml file (through menu File > Save message). Next select from menu Help > Email support, attach the previously saved .eml file to it and send to support.

One of the things that I would suggest to consider, if you have an antivirus scanning incoming emails, and it is setup to insert the virus-free certification text message into message bodies, disable that feature. That might, with some antiviruses (some versions of them) and under certain conditions, distort the message, too.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby iRick » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:10 pm

Tomas wrote:if you have an antivirus scanning incoming emails, and it is setup to insert the virus-free certification text message into message bodies, disable that feature.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Been searching all evening and this worked a treat with AVG/Poco 4.8. :D

iRick
iRick
New Arrival

Postby henrygrik » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:05 pm

Hi,
As these problem is solved. But it is specific to your problem only, If there is any problem related to html such as it shows brackets and html tags, then copy all the text including tags and save as .html or .htm as extension. After that open the file.
henrygrik

Postby Tomas » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:52 pm

henrygrik wrote:Hi,
As these problem is solved. But it is specific to your problem only, If there is any problem related to html such as it shows brackets and html tags, then copy all the text including tags and save as .html or .htm as extension. After that open the file.

That's not the best way, better is right-click in the body message in Pocomail and choose "View in Browser" from menu.

I have a suspicion that you only post for your forum backlink, I didn't delete your messages but if that's so please refrain from such activity.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To