[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Barca 2.8.0.4400 constantly locking up [Mod: Resolved]

Barca 2.8.0.4400 constantly locking up [Mod: Resolved]

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Barca 2.8.0.4400 constantly locking up [Mod: Resolved]

Postby tiedyeguy64 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:17 am

I have been a loyal user of Pocomail for many years, and made the switch to Barca when it came out. I have always loved the program.
However, I had wto switch from my home desktop to a laptop I am now using, and have been having constant problems. I have already performed a complete uninstall and reinstall, with no improvement.
When Barca has been runningfo r only 2 or 3 minutes, it will start to randomly lock up. It will freeze in the middle of fetching email; it will freeze in the middle of updatin options; it will freeze in the middle of composing new emails; whenever it feels like freezing, it just does.
A listing in task manager shows Barca taking 99% of the CPU time...I can let it sit for 30 min, and it never releases or starts working again. the only option is to end the process.
I have also noticed my cursor will disappear for 15 - 20 seconds at a clip, thenreappear for about 60 seconds - but only with Barca running. Without Barca, the system is running like a champ.
Win XPSP3 (fully updated). NOD32 v4, spybot S&D, all loaded at boot time. I hve the wireless disabled (in the office, I use the wired connection).
I have been trying to fix this for days; I really need to get my email working right, and fast. Any thoughts or suggestions ar greatly appreciated.
tiedyeguy64
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Barca 2.8.0.4400 constantly locking up

Postby Eric » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:25 am

tiedyeguy64 wrote:I have been trying to fix this for days; I really need to get my email working right, and fast. Any thoughts or suggestions ar greatly appreciated.
Sorry to hear about that. :?

Running NVidia by any chance?
If you do, have a look at Poco installation freezing.

Or else it's the TeaTimer from S & D who's locking up Barca.
Just a wild guess, since you didn't provide any more information.

Let me know how it goes. ;)
Eric

Postby tiedyeguy64 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:51 pm

Yes, the laptop (Dell M70) has nVidia graphics! I honestly never would have thought of the nVidia video being the issue, although it should have occurred to me - I've seen tham cause issues with many other apps in the past.

The last time it froze (before my posting) the nVidia Manager actually popped up and offered to disable the app...but of course, I said "no"...

I will try updating the driver tonight, and disabling its handling of Barca, and let you know.

I appreciate your guidance.
tiedyeguy64
Drop-in Visitor

Postby tiedyeguy64 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:22 am

And so its seems nVidia does it again!

I ended up turning Barca "off" in the nVidia desktop manager, and the issues apparently have disappeared. It also occurred to me that the issues were only occurring in my office - wher eI use a second screen, and some advanced portions of the nVidia desktop.

I will nto be back in the office until tomorrow, so the real test will come hten. Of course, I don;t even really look at the second screen, so not using it won;t bother me a bit!

Thanks again for your help. If the issue does return when I get back into the office, I will let you know.
tiedyeguy64
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:31 am

tiedyeguy64 wrote:And so its seems nVidia does it again!
Indeed. :?
Thanks again for your help. If the issue does return when I get back into the office, I will let you know.
My pleasure helping you with it.
I'm marking this topic as resolved, but in case it's not, please drop a note.

Till next time. ;)
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To